Okay so heres the deal.
I dont really write my own music, and I don't sing (1. because i can't 2. beause i can't master singing and playing at the same time). But I do have a mac with garageband.

Thats it, I have no equipment except my guitars and my amps. No recording equipment, no mics, nothing.

All i really want to do is mess around on GB and have it sound decent. I don't really want to buy recording equipment since I don't write my own music.

Is it going to sound like complete crap no matter what I do unless I buy some recording equipment, or is there a better way to record things without all this
haha i use a rock band usb mic and audacity for recordin and it sounds semi-ok i guess
haha, i actually tried hte exact same thing because i didn't want to buy a mic.

I guess what I'm asking is, is using the macs mic just retarded?

I'm pretty much clueless on the whole recording thing, I don't know anything.
I need like to go to a teacher and take recording lessons instead of guitar lessons
Well if you use the Macs internal mic it comes out sounding alright I guess. The recordings I have on my page were done with a Macbook's internal microphone through garageband.
Well you need space between your computer and the amp or else the tone is just ruined.
yeah, i'm aware of that. I don't know i'm just completely unknowledgeable of the whole recording process, so i'll probably end up just leaving it alone.
Theres no need for me to record anyway, since i don't write