Clicky

Well, I love Mega Man 3, and this is probably my favorite theme from it. It's my first attempt at making a song sound different from the original, so let me know what you think.
Quote by Duane_Allman
Your gayer than me, and thats pretty gay.
Quote by Twist of fate
If there's blood on the field, play ball.
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
That was pretty good. Couple things wrong to me though. There's a bit of a timing issue with the rhythm part about halfway through. Also, it sounds like you're "dipping" the trem bar every second (if you have one, if not, what's making that sound?). It's kinda hard to tell where one guitar ends and the other begins. Lastly, some drums would make this sound even better.

I think, if you ever re-record this that is, that you should not only pan the guitars a bit, but also EQ each of the guitar tracks differently. This will both make the guitars sound more interesting and give each it's own sonic space, resulting in easily distinguishable parts. The solo you put in there was a good fit, but unfortunately hard to tell apart from the melody at times. Also, the overall quality could use some improvement. Can you post what you used to record this so that we could perhaps help you to get a better sounding tune in the future?

Don't let the negative parts of my critique discourage you. The playing was great, just the quality and mixing of the recording could use some work. Playing is an 8/10 and the recording is 4/10. Keep at it, you'll be busting out some good quality stuff in no time if you stick with it! Kudos!!

PS - I did a Megaman 2 tune recently as well. Perhaps a crit return if you don't mind?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=971814
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by mogar
Can you post what you used to record this so that we could perhaps help you to get a better sounding tune in the future?

I used Audacity, although there's undoubtedly better programs out there; I just haven't gotten around to trying them yet. You wouldn't happen to know of a better program for free would you?

Quote by mogar
Perhaps a crit return if you don't mind?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=971814

Will do, and thanks for the crit!

EDIT: as for the trem you're hearing, it's probably the combination of my wah pedal and a lot of vibrato; the only time I used my trem bar was at the end of my solo
Quote by Duane_Allman
Your gayer than me, and thats pretty gay.
Quote by Twist of fate
If there's blood on the field, play ball.
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
Last edited by *kill'emall* at Oct 7, 2008,