hi all,
I have just bought two 2nd hand SD SH-4 pickups.

The first I one can find 'JB' label written on the back of the pickup.
The other one, 'SH-4' label written on the back of the pickup.

my question is, how could be same pickup model have different label written on the back of it?
is it possible that one of my pickup is fake?
can somebody who already use SH-4 JB tell me what label written on the back of the pickup? JB or SH-4?

thanks for the info
i have one of those and have seen a number of them. i really doubt it is a fake. mine says sh-4. but it depends how it is written. like if its in the model number or just a sticker on the back. also if it says seymore duncan engraved in the back it is a real pickup
Gear:
1982 Washburn T-bird
2007 BC Rich Warbeast
Probably just from different years. SD has changed the labels a few times.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Why did you get two? Hopefully not for a neck/bridge combo...

If you have a multimeter, measure the D.C. Resistance, check it to seymourduncan.com specs.

no, I don't use them for neck-bridge, I use SH-1 for the neck.
I bought two because one of my friend also looking for SH-4 and I want sell one of the pickup to him, so I can make some money from him,

Quote by 6stringsin
i have one of those and have seen a number of them. i really doubt it is a fake. mine says sh-4. but it depends how it is written. like if its in the model number or just a sticker on the back. also if it says seymore duncan engraved in the back it is a real pickup

The 'JB' & "SH-4' label are sticker, and I can found Seymour Duncan engraved in the back of both pickup.

I'll show the pictures of both pickups, not very clear picture, low quality camera phone:

when I got my SD it just said "jb" like the first one. I'm guessing that they're the same pickup they just have diffrent stickers.
yeah dont worry that means they are just from different years. the one with the longer numbered sticker is newer i could guess because i got mine about 7 months ago and it looks like that
Gear:
1982 Washburn T-bird
2007 BC Rich Warbeast
Quote by 6stringsin
yeah dont worry that means they are just from different years
Yeah, the one's with JB on them are from the 90's, the SH-4 is from the 2000's.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
thanks for all the info.
one more question,which one should I choose for me?
I mean,it is the old one better?or vice versa?
CMIIW,I think I should choose the new one coz I think it will have stronger magnet.
Quote by slim_blues_boy
thanks for all the info.
one more question,which one should I choose for me?
I mean,it is the old one better?or vice versa?
CMIIW,I think I should choose the new one coz I think it will have stronger magnet.
I've been told that the older ones sound better. I've heard complaints from players who had owned, and used both.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord
I've been told that the older ones sound better. I've heard complaints from players who had owned, and used both.

well, I found that the older one have slightly higher output, but I also found some rust on it.

is it ok to have some rust on the pickup?
Quote by STABxYOU
It's cosmetic. It makes it look more 'vintage'.

so it's ok to have some rust on the pickup?
the rust wont affect any sound that produced by the pickup?