(T'would seem I didn't read the rules thoroughly enough)

As I said, based on Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos, somewhat of a cheese factor here, style would be either melodic death metal or heavy thrash.

Cthulhu Rising

What lies beneath
Bane of man
Eternal sleep
Fate’s own hand
Within his lair
The dead one waits
For his chance
To rise again

Crushing leagues of blackened sea
Cthulhu waits to be set free
R’lyeh’s streets, a mystery
Endless nightmare, shattered dream

The awakening
The threshold waits
To crown the king
Beyond the gates
The infernal priest
Of the Old One’s race
The eternal beast
Assumes his place

In his house at R’lyeh
Dread Cthulhu is forced to stay
Until finally there comes a day
When the race of man will have to pay

Rising force
Upward climb
Through the doors
Of space and time
From the depths
Cthulhu ascends
To bring the fall
And live again
Quote by Ninjake
... isn't mung like, a bean?
Usually I'm not a fan of death metal lyrics, but I really liked this. All the stanzas connect nicely and I was able to follow the story easily enough. Though I wish I knew what Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos was >.> But yeah I found the story and the imagery very interesting. Good job.

Take a look at my poem if you have the time.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=972127
Just a comment, not a critique: the first part sounds so much like some sort of spell or something.
I just sang to that along with lyricless thrash song, it sounded awesome. I wish I had a songwriter like you lol
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
Thanks for the positive feedback guys.

Quote by Solemn Silence
Usually I'm not a fan of death metal lyrics, but I really liked this. All the stanzas connect nicely and I was able to follow the story easily enough. Though I wish I knew what Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos was >.> But yeah I found the story and the imagery very interesting. Good job.

Take a look at my poem if you have the time.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=972127

The Cthulhu Mythos is essentially just any story about or connected to the original story (by H.P. Lovecraft), "The Call of Cthulhu". I highly suggest reading some of his material, as he is one of the greatest horror/fantasy/sci fi writers of all time. Definitely one of my favorites.
Quote by Ninjake
... isn't mung like, a bean?