we were having a discussion at work today about what pick he used some said he used extra have some said medium anyone out there know what he may have used
Quote by linus.d
and that matters bacause..:?

just wonderin'

just something we were talking about at work sorry its not a good enough topic for you
Whatever it was... and whatever you're thinking.
It won't improve your playing abilities.

During Progressive Nation '08 though, I got Mikael Åkerfeldt's pick after he finished a solo.

Photo for you skeptics, it did happen.. pretty surreal moment, he even made eye contact and smiled. Pretty bland pick he had, but what a bad-ass show..

Quote by Muzikh

During Progressive Nation '08 though, I got Mikael Åkerfeldt's pick after he finished a solo.

Photo for you skeptics, it did happen.. pretty surreal moment, he even made eye contact and smiled. Pretty bland pick he had, but what a bad-ass show..

didnt really think it was going to improve my playing skills it was just a question if you people are not going to contribute to this question then why are you here
Quote by Muzikh

Ha! What a coincidence. That's the pick I use.
My god people, can't even answer without asking stupid and irrevelant questions.

I think he used one of those heavy jazz picks, not a hundred percent sure though, google around for a bit and I am sure you'll find the answer.
Rig:

Gibson ES-335
Peavy Classic 30
Quote by fretsonfire74
I'm sure he used commas, full stops and capital letters. But seriously, why does it matter?

like I said before just a question. I did not realize all that was on these forums were english majors and people that really could care less about talking a music , whatever music topics may pop up.
I guess you guys are just so cool and so good that a simple question is beyond you
Quote by gforce1377
like I said before just a question. I did not realize all that was on these forums were english majors and people that really could care less about talking a music , whatever music topics may pop up.
I guess you guys are just so cool and so good that a simple question is beyond you

It's about time somebody's figured it out..
If anyone cares this what i found
In the early 1980s, he would pick up Fender Mediums as "freebies" whenever he could. However, Stevie's picks were custom-made "multi-color" equivalents of Fender Mediums, starting in 1984. He did try D'Addario Delrin Heavies (1.10 mm) in 1987. Stevie held his picks sideways
Sideways?
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Quote by gforce1377
If anyone cares this what i found
In the early 1980s, he would pick up Fender Mediums as "freebies" whenever he could. However, Stevie's picks were custom-made "multi-color" equivalents of Fender Mediums, starting in 1984. He did try D'Addario Delrin Heavies (1.10 mm) in 1987. Stevie held his picks sideways

about time you googled it...
Quote by gforce1377
just something we were talking about at work sorry its not a good enough topic for you
Quote by gforce1377
didnt really think it was going to improve my playing skills it was just a question if you people are not going to contribute to this question then why are you here
they're here because this this The Pit.

in case you didn't read the rules, The Pit is where discussions that don't belong in other forums go. but this one could have gone in your choice of 2 different forums. either Electric Guitar, or Guitar & Bass Basics.

Don't put Forum threads in The Pit.
And ffs sake, after putting one where it doesn't belong, don't bitch about crappy answers.

*reported*

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

in case you didn't read the rules, The Pit is where discussions that don't belong in other forums go. but this one could have gone in your choice of 2 different forums. either Electric Guitar, or Guitar & Bass Basics.

And ffs sake, after putting one where it doesn't belong, don't bitch about crappy answers.

*reported*

You make me smile

Have an e-cookie
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

*reported*

One could make the argument that this belongs in the Blues and Jazz forum as well.
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by Muzikh

I'm holding one of those right now, it's a conspiracy

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

*reported*

The thread is about neither electric guitar nor guitar and bass basics. It's about a particular musician's preferences. Music-related threads are not forbidden in the pit, it says so right on the main forum page.

Quote by UG
The Pit (499 Viewing)
The forum for all general discussion that is not covered by other forums, from music issues to whatever.
It's funny you ask about SRV now, right after I just added my favourite SRV song to the playlist on my profile.

He used powerlines as guitar strings, so I wouldn't be suprised if he used another guitar.
I think the strings he used were thicking that the ones D'addario release for 'drop' tunings.