ok I'm not saying any of this is true but it's just what I've heard and I'm against it.

so what if the jonas brothers aren't the worlds most famous band or musicians. so what if they don't know a whole lot of music theory or anything, it's not like they're trying to be that type of image that some very good guitarist out there are. so what if their lyrics are not fully emotional and meaning full, people say that they sound like a pop teen-ish gay band that only are for little teen girls, well in case you haven't noticed they are still just kids themselves and their music/lyrics will grow as they grow. and they're disney produced, well if disney offered me a chance to make cd's and everything I would except it because who cares less what label or company it is, led zeppelin could have been produced by disney and they would still be the same band and if you had chose not to like led zep just because of that well your loss. I'm not paying out people who don't like them just stop all the hate and and nasty comments. they're just some kids that play music and don't swear or have rude video clips they're not covered in tatoo's or anything so good 'em. and even if their music does like teeny pop or whatever let them be that way so they can be liked by teens. and they're not even that bad some of their guitar solos are great for someone to start learning solos and their voices are pretty good for what they are trying to be and last of all they dress pretty cool

now lets gt this straight I'm not trying to cause problems or anything so no dissing me or anything. I just want to know if anyone agrees with me and hopefully someone will read this thread and maybe change the way they feel a little bit about the jonas brothers. also I'm not the biggest fan of 'em I don't even like their music that much but still they are a decent band.

the reason I made this big wall of text is because I'm sick of not being able to mention they're name anywhere it's stupid because people are acting worse then them by behaving childish instead of just thinking to them self ok he/she likes that band no biggie.

anyway that's all I have to say.

ps. no face palming for crying out loud guys.

anyone agree with me?
Last edited by xXguitard00dXx at Oct 7, 2008,
Quote by ZeGuitarist
tl;dr

Anyway, reading the title: have this, son. You will need it.

*hands HUGE flame shield*

thanks lol
hes gonna need a bigger flame shield
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
well, i haven't even heard jonas brothers yet... but ppl are allowed to dislike something because of things that might make other ppl like this something... it's all just a matter of opinion, likes or personality...
Quote by ledhead67
Dammit, satyphan, you just shat over all my hopes and dreams.
*resists plan to flame*

Yeah,it's really up to you if you like a certain band.I personally like Bowling For Soup a little,but I'm not really influenced by their genre.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
they fact that when they play live, they have a duplicate band that plays with them (probably correctly). It's not that they're not writing interesting or difficult riffs (because they aren't), it's that they themselves can't actually play them well. If you buy that disney corporate product, you're ****ed like the rest of consumer america
Ok, you listed lots of reasons why they suck, and said 'so what?', then said nothing positive.

They make horribly pointless music, that serves to dull the mind and teach acceptance mediocrity in art.

Also, making music on disney does matter, because disney are a brand that won't allow complete creative control to artists outside of lyrics like "ooohh baby, all alone, on the phone, 14 years old..."
Quote by scottss7
they fact that when they play live, they have a duplicate band that plays with them (probably correctly). It's not that they're not writing interesting or difficult riffs (because they aren't), it's that they themselves can't actually play them well. If you buy that disney corporate product, you're ****ed like the rest of consumer america

i like you.

as for jonas brothers fans... you'll hate them one day when their music is old and bland to you. like it is to me.

and i've only heard them like twice.
But they don't write or play any music... Whoever does write their songs is good at writing pop songs I'll give them that but it's like Hannah Montana, Disney pays some good looking kid to be on tv/be a "musician" and to play some crap written by a 40 year old with a piano who knows hot to write vocal melodies to go with a simple chord progression

Oh and I has a present for you
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Last edited by druz15_UG at Oct 7, 2008,
Music is entertainment,
nothing more, nothing less.
You're free to like whatever you want.

But there's a point to where the money surpasses the talent,
and they're just a corporate figure to make large sums of money due to their image.
They don't write their music I'm sure, and honestly
they're not a band that's going to be remembered in years to come
and also not people I could have respect for.

Young kids just need that pop figure(s) to look up to,
there's always been someone, Brittney Spears, Backstreet boys, now the Jonas brothers.

The music is terrible, and pointless, everything about it is mediocre.
Who knows, in years they might progress, I don't like to be a negative person.
As long as they're under Disney they will maintain their "clean cut image" and
incredibly corny catchy pop style.

myspace.com/weasheroesband
dude, they're terrible... how can you stand listening to that.

I hate you for making me check them out (I'm glad I have not heard them before). Songs like these make me hate radio. :pukes:
One word: utter gaylordness (two words.. sorry)
i guess some of u guys r right. I just watched camp rock and I guess I got sucked in but I don't hate them but if they r seriously not writing their own songs then who would want to listen to 'em? sorry I guess I went a little bit far I just wish for something and I guess I'm not sure what. actually to tell u the truth I'm just annoyed that some girl who would just be perfect for me to play acoustic guitar with and can sing so amazingly lives all the way in California and I live in Australia =(
Quote by think11270
Music is entertainment,

and they're just a corporate figure to make large sums of money due to their image.

there's always been someone, Brittney Spears, Backstreet boys, now the Jonas brothers.

yeah I guess I know what your saying thanks man
The reason i hate the jonas brothers is that many many talented guitarists in this world dont ever get noticed, no matter how awesome they are, then suddenly a group of teenage boys get famous over night just because disney helped them, they arent even awesome, yet they are famous and stuff.

i hate the point that how lucky they get when they arent even awesome with their instruments, i saw them live (on TV of course, my sister wanted to watch it and we were in a hotel room ) and i saw about 3 guitarists on stage excluding them, what the hell are they doing there?

and about that thing with disney asking a contract, i would never ever join, why the heck would i want 1/2 of the world to hate me? lol
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
The Jonas Brothers are awesome? N**** Please. They're just a bunch of pre-teen virgins that disney can market and sell to make money. The Music Industry is killing itself. Thank God for DIY and Independent record labels. If you want to listen to fake music then put that bubble gum bs in your ears but if you want real music. Seek it through your local music scene or listen to different genres like Metal, hardcore, old school hip hop, Classic Rock, punk, Ska, indie, or whatever.
I honestly don't know why people have so much hatred for the Jonas Brothers. I don't really like their music, but they get much more shit then they deserve. They are not killing the music industry like everyone says they are. They're just another pop outfit put together by the industry with the sole purpose of appealing to the trends of the day and selling as many records as possible. It's been happening since the advent of recorded music and it will continue to happen for as long as music is sold for profit.

If you really don't like them, don't listen to them or watch their videos. It's one less thing to worry about. I've only heard parts of a couple of songs, but it seems to me their music is pretty bland and generic. Although I do hope they can progress and maybe make music that's a bit more interesting and unique, because there can never be enough artists making great music.
Quote by think11270
Music is entertainment,

But I like the backstreet boys
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
People are allowed to like what they want no matter what the reasons behind the music are. Pop songs are made to be catchy and made to be enjoyable (generally for younger audiences, but it does work for all age groups) so that shouldn't be a reason to rule something out immediately.
Other people won't give this stuff a chance just because it's considered top 40 pap, but that's up to them.

If people on this board give you jip for it just report them.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic