.. have enough gain to handle metal by its own ? And does it deliver a good tone while doing it?
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

I've got one, if you use the high gain channel you can get a lot of gain, but the best part is that heavy tone, it's not fizzy and thin, amp is full of middle and treble so you can scoop mids and add some bass, you will have a heavy tone that is also good for lead playing, not just for rythm
got one too, awesome amp! but make sure you use 12" speakers
Gear
-----
Ibanez SA-S32 FMTL
Engl Screamer Head
Engl SS412 V60 Celestion
Engl Z5 Footswitch
Ibanez Delay
BOSS MegaDistortion
Ahhh yeah, the Screamers are built for high gain usage.

If you were asking about a Fender Hot Rod or soemthing I'd understand, but an ENGL Screamer?
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by IncubusMan999
Ahhh yeah, the Screamers are built for high gain usage.

If you were asking about a Fender Hot Rod or soemthing I'd understand, but an ENGL Screamer?

ah oki, i thought they where built for versatility :P

Now ive set my mind on it, gonna order it soon

They are versatile, but they do high gain very well. I have played them many times.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Screamers are actually the lowest gain ENGL IIRC. They will still get metal decently by itself, but nothing too heavy.

What kind of music is too heavy for it?

YOu probably don't wanna go shooting out Dimmu Borgir songs wiht it basically, it will do everything perfectly up to the death metal mark, which you would then need a high-gain od like the FUlltone OCD to push it that little bit further. Remember you said 'by itself'
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Yea it's got more than enough gain for black, brutal death, melo death, heavy, you name it. Good thing about ENGL is that their amps have clear gain with definition and clarity, not fizzy beehive gain.

Also, it's the Thunder that has less gain than the Screamer, and is built more for versatility and leans towards hard rock maybe treading some metal territory. Both are still very versatile though.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
now im 100% sure im getting it

Quote by Jaekae
now im 100% sure im getting it

Enjoy, ENGLs are the shit
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by Jaekae
ah oki, i thought they where built for versatility :P

they are. you'd ideally want to try it, some think it's good enough for metal, some don't (i personally think it is if you have pretty hot pickups, and don't play metal all the time i.e. need a variety of tones).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the only enbgl i can try out before i buy is the fireball :| when i get home again

and btw how loud would you say that a 50w tube amp get with the volume on around 2 ?
im stuck on a ship for 1 week more so cant test it out myself

they are good, tight and have a nice clear gain structure (if surprisingly bright - but get over it)

i might stick a good compressor in front of it just to tighten the overall feel up even more - but dont worry - its not like a fat Boogie or something that farts all over the place.

i see so many people today swapping Mesa's for Engls - they are tighter, can pretty much reach that low end (hello people! that is what a bass is for) and mainly, cut through in a band or gigging situation!
yeah, i tend to run engls with the treble and presence rolled way back to 3 or 4, with the bass and mids well up (8 or 9), and they're still quite bright.

i'd say the screamer is brighter, more versatile, and a bit less compressed than the fireball. less modern-sounding, with less gain, basically.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
is it bright in a good or a bad way?

is it really worth it to spend 1000 euros on it?

will it be a big difference from my current gear?