Page 1 of 2
Bollocks. I just found out I've ruined some of my favourite shirts because of wearing a belt during gigs (and rehearsels) where the buckle of the belt and the guitar scratch eachother, with the shirt inbetween, making little holes in my shirt. And it sucks.

two Zep shirts down, five to go
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
cant say I've ever had that happen. And I wear like 3 studded belts at once. But I guess just tuck the front into your belt. Or wear a belt with a standard buckle
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Try less looser fitting pants for no belt, or use some string?

Common sense man.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
Learn to play with the guitar behind ur neck

No serious It also never happened to me; so Dunno

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by Chimpy101
You have 7 Zeppelin tshirts...?
Seems a bit excessive

...no it's not. I also have all albums on CD and LP (except for Coda), a Zep messenger bag, Zep wallet, Zeppelin logos on my amp, several books on Zeppelin, How the West was Won & No Quarter Unledded DVDs, and the abovementioned Led Zep Belt Buckle.

^^

I also have all of Robert Plant's solo albums and the Page/Coverdale one. I'm still looking for Walking into Clarksdale

Oh and yeah. I suppose I should cover the sharp edge of the buckle with a piece of rubber or sth. hmm Or what the gyu below says, buckle at the side. Yeah that's a great one

edit: as soon as I find out a way to get rkbcustom.com shoes to Holland I'm ordering shoes with LEDZEP inscribed on the back. ^^
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Last edited by bornfidelity at Oct 7, 2008,
i know of that problem. just buckle your belt at your side. it may look rediculouse but only if you tuck your shirt in.
Quote by bornfidelity
...no it's not. I also have all albums on CD and LP (except for Coda), a Zep messenger bag, Zep wallet, Zeppelin logos on my amp, several books on Zeppelin, How the West was Won & No Quarter Unledded DVDs, and the abovementioned Led Zep Belt Buckle.

^^

I also have all of Robert Plant's solo albums and the Page/Coverdale one. I'm still looking for Walking into Clarksdale

Oh and yeah. I suppose I should cover the sharp edge of the buckle with a piece of rubber or sth. hmm Or what the gyu below says, buckle at the side. Yeah that's a great one

edit: as soon as I find out a way to get rkbcustom.com shoes to Holland I'm ordering shoes with LEDZEP inscribed on the back. ^^

you're right, its very excessive
Elvis had a custom made rubber 'plate' on the bottom of his body on his guitar so it would protect it against his belt buckle.
Quote by specWB
i know of that problem. just buckle your belt at your side. it may look rediculouse but only if you tuck your shirt in.

this.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Led Zeppelin fan then?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone
Led Zeppelin fan then?

nah he clearly prefers the beatles
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
That must be one very sharp belt.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Get a different belt?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by specWB

+ infinity, son
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
I've never had this problem. You much have an intense belt. I suggest you get a less flamboyant belt. Problem solved.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Happens to me, the pantera shirt I'm wearing now has holes in it, as does my '06 RoryGallagher festival shirt, they're both years old so for my rounded Fender belt it takes a while, but it happens.
Best option would probably be to belt it at the side.
Funny thing, my shirts around there have more holes in them from opening those sharp caps on bottles... I think it's kind of odd personally, as normally it's the guitar that gets ripped to shreds on belts. Hence why I wear a very simple built with a low profile or looping buckle when playing
half my t-shirts are like that, i don't think it's anything to do with guitars, it's just my belt...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
what belt do you have? I have a web belt (at least, I think that's the name of it) that's basically a military style belt. You can go to any army surplus store and pick one up for like 5 bucks, no only do they hold up your pants (i mean, it's a belt; if it couldn't do that, that would just be some epic phailure), but if you don't get a big ass buckle for it (most places use a small buckle on the end), you should be fine.
OMG
so thats why theres been all those holes in my shirt!!!!!!!!!!
lol seriously its been like 3 years and i cudnt figure it out.
i have two zep shirts with holes in them too, i feel your pain
but now i know whats causing it, so thanks!
so THATS where the hole in my maiden shirt came from... now it all makes sence...
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
I use to wear a big gaudy belt buckle back in the late 70's, early 80's. I simply wrapped a sock around the buckle.
why dont you tuck the front of your shirt into your pants when you play guitar, nobody is going to see behind your guitar, even if they do they'll see your massive belt buckle and your shirt isnt gonna get ruined.
Quote by Diamond Dave
why dont you tuck the front of your shirt into your pants when you play guitar, nobody is going to see behind your guitar, even if they do they'll see your massive belt buckle and your shirt isnt gonna get ruined.

well, a studded belt does it too( i dont wear those anymore), and idk tucking my shirt in duznt feel right...
dont wear pants

then you wont need a belt to get holes in your shirt. problem solve pay me money now
Pff, you call yourself a Zep fan and you don't even play with your guitar at Page's height?! EPIC FAILURE! Its all about playing your guitar at the knees man!

Ok, in all seriousness, just tuck your shirt in in the front, and maybe get something for the back of your guitar. Or just buy a new belt without a crappy buckle.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Quote by stratdud39
well, a studded belt does it too( i dont wear those anymore), and idk tucking my shirt in duznt feel right...

since you dont wear studded, have it off to the side on your hip.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
cheapest easiest solution.
Wear your guitar above your belt. You'll play better anyway.
one time i ripped my favourite Pink Floyd shirt taking the snow off my hockey skate

but thats never happened with my belt, but IMO its better than ruining my guitar.
Never happened to me...actually, i ruined a hendrix shirt racing up and down the roof of a house on my stomach...but that's the shingles fault.
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
don't wear pants that require you to have a belt, ie don't dress like a douche bag.
2009 Engl Powerball 100watt
1985 Marshall 1960a 4x12 with G12-65s
1989 Ibanez 540S LTD DY
2006 Epiphone G-400
To be fair some of us needs to wear belts.

If you can find jeans in a 29x34 please point me in their direction oh lord of tailoring.
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
the alternative is the belt making little holes in your guitar

what do you value more, shirts or guitars?
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
I wear my belt buckle slightly to the left of my pants, so the body doesn't go near it. Then again, I play with my guitar so high it doesn't really matter.
Page 1 of 2