Hey guys,

Ive been having a little trouble with speed in the fingers lately. The way i normally do things is start off slow and increase speed as I get good at it. But now i've come to things like through the fire and flames, stricken (solo) etc. I've been using the same technique but just can't get the fingers moving quick enough. So I was wandering if there were any exercises to increase the speed of my fingers.

Help will be much appreciated, just as everything else. cheers.
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=
Start to learn lots of other hard songs and then come back - it will be easier. Use something like Guitar Pro's speed trainer. Use a metronome and gradually increase. I don't know. ^^

Do pay special attention to how far you lift your fingers off the strings and where you keep youur pinky and that sort of thing.
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
practice a little more on slow tempo...that will help your fingers build upon that song and then increase the tempo
cheers!!
Guitar pro is pretty much the ultimate software for this kinda thing. Invest in it if you don't have it already. Write up some simple, generic runs, then leave a gap of equal length after for you to play it in, then just keep upping the tempo. Leave a marker saying what tempo you got up to so you can track your progress.
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!
There's always speeding up on scales.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by DotSick
There's always speeding up on scales.

+1 sounds good, learn the last few i dont know and practice speed at the same time lol
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=
E--1-3-4--1-2-4---------------------------------------------------------------------------------l
a-----------------1-3-4--1-2-4------------------------------------------------------------------l
d--------------------------------1-3-4--1-2-4---------------------------------------------------l
g-------------------------------------------------1-3-4--1-2-4----------------------------------l
b----------------------------------------------------------------1-3-4--1-2-4-------------------l
e---------------------------------------------------------------------------------1-3-4--1-2-4--l This is one i came up with for myself, to speed up gradually. I use it a lot for my riff writing too. Hope it helps you
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff