Hi, i was wondering if anybody could help me out with a little problem regarding a cab for a Marshall JVM205 Head.

If you followthis link, you will see that the width of the 1922 CAB is 670mm.
Here, it says that the width of the HEAD is 750mm.

For those of you who don't understand, the head is wider than the cab.
I'd prefer to get the 1922 cab because it is a perfect size for me and i don't want something too big or heavy. The JVM205 head also does the job nicely.

My only little problem is that i have a phobia(?) of things not looking good. Everything's gotta be flush and look nice. I havn't seen any pictures of this head with a cab of this size, so what I'm pretty much asking is some pictures of how much it will stick out on the sides and if it will look ok =\

I know this isn't really a BIG problem, but it is for me. Everybody has their own little...trait.

So, if you can, please post pics that can assist me in deciding whether to go for the cab mentioned or move up to the next size (1936) and what would the price Differences be.

I live in Adelaide, Australia just in case you're wondering
Thanks guys!!!
go see a shink, get ov er your ocd.

besides, you might start a new trend
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Quote by R.D
go see a shink, get ov er your ocd.

besides, you might start a new trend

So i should see the shrink about only using one hand to wash my hair too?
I don't like the foamy stuff on both hands because everything I though then gets foamy.

Thanks anyways
I don't have any pictures of the specific setup you are looking for. That being said, there may be other solutions for you. For example, it isn't a written rule the head has to sit on top of the cabinet. Speaker cables can get pretty long for a good reason.

Perhaps you can put the cabinet on the floor, and place the head elsewhere nearby perhaps on a small table or in a closet of some sort?
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G
I don't have any pictures of the specific setup you are looking for. That being said, there may be other solutions for you. For example, it isn't a written rule the head has to sit on top of the cabinet. Speaker cables can get pretty long for a good reason.

Perhaps you can put the cabinet on the floor, and place the head elsewhere nearby perhaps on a small table or in a closet of some sort?

Yeah I thought about that, it's just that I don't want to use too much space.
Even if i do put it on top of the cab though, it's not like the head will fall off of it right?
I noticed that the 1936 has some plastic "grooves" where the head can be fitted and the 1922 just has some little holes.
Does the head fit into the little holes on the 1922?
It it worth just going to the 1936?
I been thinking for a bit now.
Is there any difference between the 1922 and the 1936 cabs apart from size and weight?
Because ive been looking at the specs and i got some paper and cut out the size of it....and it kinda fits together almost the same...
why do they make two different sized cabs if they are identical? I dont get it...
Quote by Plarx
why do they make two different sized cabs if they are identical? I dont get it...

Because the dimensions play a big part in how the cab will sound in regards to bass, treble and mid response.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Go with the 1936. You'll regret it if you don't.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by MatrixClaw
Because the dimensions play a big part in how the cab will sound in regards to bass, treble and mid response.

so the sound would be improved by a larger cab?

Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
Can't you just turn the cab over and place the head on it lengthwise, or something? It works alright for me.

Yeah, i think you forgot about my "ocd" as R.D put it :P

Quote by Van Noord
Go with the 1936. You'll regret it if you don't.

I might do that.

Thanks for the input so far guys.
Ill be doing some more research while i save up some money.
Feel free to keep posting ill be checking this for a while.

Im still a long while away from getting an amp but every little bit of knowledge helps. More time to find things out :P