ok I exported a song from cubase to get it up on bebo, its 10.5MB.

I exported it at 320 bits and its stereo interleaved(?). From what I can see thats the highest quality.

anyway I have been trying to upload this song on bebo for a few days now, and they keep tellin me its not an mp3 (it clearly is though).

anyway any quick way to reduce its size without having to re-export it on my other computer?
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Most places only let you upload mp3's at a frequency of either 44.1 or 48 with a max rate of 128 kbps. So, get the xilisoft converter and try those settings.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by mogar
Most places only let you upload mp3's at a frequency of either 44.1 or 48 with a max rate of 128 kbps. So, get the xilisoft converter and try those settings.

maybe thats why its rejecting it so......hmmmmm.

so try and export with those settings ( I may as well boot up the other comp and do it on cubase now....) and i should have no problems?

for THE best MP3 quality tho I would need the settings for frequency and rate as high as possible yeah?

Bebo does say 10MB size limit but nothing about those settings..........
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

There's a free program called CDex that'll convert the file for you. Search Google, it's freeware.

Typically a 192k encoded MP3 is considered "near cd" quality. It would drastically reduce the file size without doing too much damage to the sound quality.
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
yea 320 kbps is usually overkill. and depending on what your listening on, like a cheap ghetto blaster or some 5.1 speakers that are adding a bunch of its own EQ.. you'r enot gonna notice much of a diff between 320K, 250K, or 192K the lowest i like to go for my own listening pleasure is 160K i don't REALLY notice a diff between that and 192. but its definitely better than 128.

bleh.. what a boring read.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.