Right, im lookin to beef up my band's setlist with some Punk covers.

Punk covers of cheesy pop songs, black metal, anythin really

Anyone have any suggestions for something they'd like done?
hit me baby one more time!! its great to punk that up!

umm....

you could even try that kissed a girl song. my band was gonna punk that up, but we havent gotten around to it.

well see how you go with them
Is bad ass one or two words?
Quote by wokandmurrys
hit me baby one more time!! its great to punk that up!

umm....

you could even try that kissed a girl song. my band was gonna punk that up, but we havent gotten around to it.

well see how you go with them

Attack Attack have done a hardcore/screamo version of I kissed a girl.

I've always though Summer Love from Grease would be awesome to punk up. I even wrote a bassline for it :P
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
Class.

I was gonna do a Hardcore/Crossover cover of Poison, but apparently it's not Britney Spears, and I cant get the song anywhere.
Quote by Punks|Not|Dead

I've always though Summer Love from Grease would be awesome to punk up. I even wrote a bassline for it :P

haha, YES!, that would kick ass punked up. i reckon it would be a bit tricky to do, but if you get it all together, let me know.
Is bad ass one or two words?
you could do brown eyed girl, just play it faster and with power chords.
Quote by GNiCk89
The other day my girlfriend called me a pedophile.

I said, "Damn, that's a big-ass word for an 8 year-old."
+1 To Brown Eyed Girl

Also, I sang a set with a pick-up band out here in Iraq. We did a kick ass cover of Yellow Submarine. Just play power chords and palm mute during the verse. It's awesome!
Quote by Punks|Not|Dead

Wow that version is almost as bad as the original.

I reckon you should cover some Ace of Base.

EDIT: Cover Torn by Natalie Imbruglia
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Last edited by BenFoffenbock at Oct 7, 2008,
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
i have fun playing "folsom prison blues" with my band.
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
Don't make Punk covers over Black Metal >.< Make fun of something that sucks, instead of making good stuff suck <.< Except you're gonna cover the newer Mayhem works xD Go ahead!
Dude, Cocaine Blues from Johnny Cash. That would be an amazing cover to make inot a hardcore style, especially with all the little stops and starts.
Eyes
Quote by woodenbandman
My dear man, I must petition you for photographic evidence, or the described events cannot be verified, and will be written off as fallacy.
You should do a punk cover of knockin on heavens door
I've been trying to convince my band to do that for a while
Thats an interesting idea.

You could keep the solos in though, they're class solos.

Sure, if the band doesnt get the idea, start work on it yourself! Then if it goes well, it'll catch on.
Quote by Bumfluff-Punk
Thats a great idea! I'll start work on it tonight.

You got msn mate?

Um, did you mean me? Cause I don't use MSN but I do have AIM.
Eyes
Quote by woodenbandman
My dear man, I must petition you for photographic evidence, or the described events cannot be verified, and will be written off as fallacy.
That's cool I love punk covers. Maybe you could take the piss out of some High School Musical songs? That would be hilarious
i did the entire hsm thing for open mic night. it was a 15 min set and i fit in like 12 songs. it was great, but all the hsm fans at my hs were po'd
Dude, check out ADTR's cover of Since U Been Gone, awesomeness is the only word for it.
just a thought, you could do that new rhianna (spelling?) song, im not sure what its called, but it has that catchy spoken/sung part in the beat that you could make into a sick bass line.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by mcraddict81592
Dude, check out ADTR's cover of Since U Been Gone, awesomeness is the only word for it.
just a thought, you could do that new rhianna (spelling?) song, im not sure what its called, but it has that catchy spoken/sung part in the beat that you could make into a sick bass line.

My mate sent me that 2 days ago and omfg it's so awesome

Also the Attack Attack version is immense if you listen to all of it IMO (To BenF)

and a group called SKaTallica have done a ska (obviously) version of Brown Eyed Girl and it's awesome. ****ing lush bassline. Check it out.
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."