Hi boys and girls,

Well I have a 2005 Standard American Strat

here is the foto ( http://img381.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1060022wv2.jpg )

I want to change my bridge pickup something more heavy rock/metal sounding but something also capable of playing old rock such as Gunners, ACDC ect..

I was looking at the Seymour Duncan Li'l Screamin' Demon SLSD-1. I do understand its a humbucker "single coil sized" but does it still the same thing as the traditional humbuckers. Do they sound just as good?

Basically i want a humbucker but i dont want to cut up he body on my guitar to fit the traditional humbuckers and make it into a fatstrat.

Cheers!
Ever heard of Seymour Duncan Hot Rails. REALL REALLY hot sound output. Check those out, those pickups can make a guitar SCREAM.
get the seymour duncan hot rails. i put one in my strat copy, holy hell...sounds better than the pickups in my Dean ML. its one hell of a metal pickup, but if you roll off the volume some, it can play classic rock well too.
Main Gear List:
Guitars:
Jackson RR7
Agile AL-3100 Double Bound
1977 Fender Jazz Bass
Amp:
Blackstar HT-5
peavey bass amp
Effects:
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Danelectro 7-band EQ
I hate Hot Rails, DiMarzio Tone Zone S FTW.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
from what i've heard the SC sized 'buckers' are not as full. Somewhere in between a SC and HB. Your body should already be routed for HSS if you so choose to go that route just get a new pick gaurd.

I always recommend calling number off Duncan's web site and talking it thru with them. They steered me into a Custom Custom TB-11. TremBucker version of SD-11. 'Brown' sound hot and but not overly annoying.

there are some UG'rs that make custom pups -CordouryEW - is one of them. I hear mixed reviews on the GFS pups. No experience with DiMarzio.
check out the Dimarzio Super Distortion S
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
^+1. I even heard once that strats are routed for HSH; never confirmed it though.
I went for a hotrail on the neck position of my showmaster but managed to get a USA Customshop HB for the bridge with a very very high output, i forget figures but i seem to recall it was about 30% hotter than the hotrail
Gibson SG VooDoo/Fender Satin Strat/Squire showmaster heavily customized
Fender Deluxe112 amp/Line6 POD2/Crybaby classic

10 years and counting
I have tried the lil screamin demon in the bridge of my strat as well as a lil JB. They were both a little lacking. I agree with the hot rails or to check if your strat body was routed for a humbucker in the bridge slot and get a new pickguard. I recomend Warmoth.com for the pickguard.
My Gear:

Fender Strat w/Duncans
Hand Built(by me) guitar w/Duncans
Ibanez RG321MH
Bugera V22
Peavey Vyper 30 Watt
Xotic BB Preamp
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Digitech Hardwire Chromatic Tuner
Fender T-Bucket Acoustic
Digitech Bad Monkey
^I believe they are HSS in most cases, MIM strats that is. Some of the classic player and re-issues are SSS if I remember correctly. Could be alzheimers though.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I would go for a real humbucker, something from Seymour Duncan.

I've got a '06 MIA Stratocaster, and it's got a SD Hot Rails in the bridge (I bought it used). For metal, yeah, it's decent, but the clean sound is horrible. My Epi Special 2 sounds better.

And yeah, as far as I know, the american stratocasters are routed HSH, so you can easily fit a normal sized humbucker in it. You just have to buy a new pickguard.
Fender MIA Stratocaster (with SD Twang Banger)
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5
All MIM Strats should be routed for HSS unless it's a Classic Player's or Reissue which are routed SSS.

All MIA Strats are routed HSH as far as I know, maybe not the reissues.

I had a Tone Zone S in mine and I really liked it. It actually sounded very close to my Ibanez's full sized Tone Zone
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
^ the tone zone single may be an exception (i haven't tried it), considering how dark the full-sized version sounds.

Quote by MatrixClaw
I hate Hot Rails,

agreed, especially in the bridge. the middle and neck versions are usable, i guess, but still not a fan.

i haven't tried all that many single coil-sized humbuckers, but the ones i've tried have tended to sound more in-between singles and buckers (if not closer to singles, but hotter and noiseless), rather than like real humbuckers. i'd (personally) take off the scratchplate to see if the strat is routed for a bridge humbucker (odds are it is, especially if it's an american one), and if so, just get an HSS scratchplate and put in a full sized humbucker... probably something with medium output, so it can cover both modern and more vintage tones... (and also not completely overpower the stock singles)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ahh awesome thanks for great help! ill have a look under the pickguard... shame that i recently bought a new pickguard for it...(black colour) probably should have waited and bought the HSS instead of the SSS .

Ah well all good. Thanks for the help ill have to look under the pickguard today.
ah recently opened it up, and it can fit the proper humbuckers in tehre, just need to get a new pickguard now....

any suggestion on which humbuckers is good? for the price around $100USD or so.... which is better or proffered but you guys? Dimarzio or Seymour duncan?
it's really preference to be honest, and it's hard to try a lot of them before you buy them. i think in the US that dimarzio and duncan have a return policy...

i'd email both dimarzio and duncan with the tones you're after, and see what they recommend... then post back here and we'll see if it's sensible...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by vzeke
ah recently opened it up, and it can fit the proper humbuckers in tehre, just need to get a new pickguard now....

any suggestion on which humbuckers is good? for the price around $100USD or so.... which is better or proffered but you guys? Dimarzio or Seymour duncan?

I would recommend a Seymour Duncan TB-11 Custom Custom. Really would fatten up your bridge position.
Quote by ameer
^+1. I even heard once that strats are routed for HSH; never confirmed it though.

i think they are all hsh

my squire and mim are

my american idk

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.