I was thinking of selling my boss me-20. The distortion is "OK" and the metal distortion sounds thin,overdrive is nice though, flange,tremolo etc sucks but the chorus is nice. and the wah is ok. so should i sell it and buy something else? i was thinking korg ax1500g/ax3000g ? are those any good? suggest me something good for $200 or less. and should i sell my boss ds-1?

if u must know, i play blues,rock, metal, jazz, funk, punk-rock and i've been playing a little less than 2 years.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
pedals and modeling amp do not mix well.
when i use pedals with my cube 20x, it sounds ok, not the best, not the worse
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
The Digitech RP250 or 350 is a nice unit. Being a fairly new player, you should consider a multifx with a drum machine. Especially if you haven't been practicing with a metronome of playing along with songs. I have both a GNX4 and a GNX3. The advantage is they have an 8 track recorder and looper. You can get instant feedback by recording your playing. You can record a rhythm track and sing or solo over it. I recently got the GNX3 on eBay for $111 shipped. And the GNX4 on Craigslist fro $225.

I've had a number of multifx units including the AX1500G. I wouldn't consider the AX1500G. The tones are adequate, but it left me wanting for more. You can sell the DS-1 as you won't need it with the multifx.

Quite frankly, if the ME-20 doesn't do it for you then you might be disappointed in a different unit. Definitely consider buying used and looking for a deal. You may go through a few units before you figure out what you want. I've used Craigslist extensively and literally owned many units for free and sometimes made money. I recently picked up an X3 Live for $225. Watch it everyday and jump on a deal fast.
I have the Korg Ax3000g. It's pretty good, you can get some good tones out of it, though some of the effects are quite weak, like the octave effect, which has led me to start a collection of smaller pedals instead. I'll probably sell it eventually, but it's quite good for a solid range of decent effects if you don't want or have many pedals. I got it for £90 second hand (about $160?ish), fully working.