Hey all,

I wanted to quickly come invite you to come check out the all-new Electro-Harmonix site:

http://www.ehx.com

The idea was to make the site easier to use, with clean links, and more content -- and (my favorite) to directly integrate the EHX community right into the site -- for example:

1) We've added lots of user-generated videos -- and we'd love to add more -- if you upload a new video, please let us know! For example, if you think one of our video demos misses the point, we'd love to add yours right there too.

2) We've added a blog -- and each product page is now a "blog-within-a-blog" -- (for example, see http://www.ehx.com/products/big-muff-pi) -- so if you have anything you'd like to share with the EHX community, please let us know!

We hope you like it & best from NYC!
Is this allowed [ads]?
Could be useful for asking this account about EHX stuff.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
Is this allowed [ads]?

ack, certainly no offense was intended!

fwiw, I've been having a bunch of really good conversations over on other forums -- for example, somebody on Harmony Central pointed me to the Adrian Belew clip which is now at the top of the EHX blog. Other folks have suggested improvements to the new site which I've already implemented.

So I was just hoping to come by here and say hi -- perhaps even get some ideas from the community -- but if this seem like an ad or something, please feel free to whack my post!
Quote by ElectroHarmonix
ack, certainly no offense was intended!

fwiw, I've been having a bunch of really good conversations over on other forums -- for example, somebody on Harmony Central pointed me to the Adrian Belew clip which is now at the top of the EHX blog. Other folks have suggested improvements to the new site which I've already implemented.

So I was just hoping to come by here and say hi -- perhaps even get some ideas from the community -- but if this seem like an ad or something, please feel free to whack my post!

Yeah, just to be certain I'd delete this thread. Hit the edit button on your first post and delete it.
Whether this is deemed advertising or not, having someone from EHX posting on here from time to time could be pretty useful!
Quote by smb
Whether this is deemed advertising or not, having someone from EHX posting on here from time to time could be pretty useful!

Agreed!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Quote by minibrowny
Yeah, just to be certain I'd delete this thread. Hit the edit button on your first post and delete it.

Just before I do that -- every other place I've visited has actually been happy to have somebody from EHX available to provide some inside access -- so maybe I shouldn't be so quick to delete myself? (btw, are there any post guidelines published for the UG site?)
Quote by ElectroHarmonix
Just before I do that -- every other place I've visited has actually been happy to have somebody from EHX available to provide some inside access -- so maybe I shouldn't be so quick to delete myself? (btw, are there any post guidelines published for the UG site?)

Yeah, I can see how it could be really useful, I'd quickly PM a mod to make sure its ok though, but keep this thread open then.
Quote by minibrowny
Yeah, I can see how it could be really useful, I'd quickly PM a mod to make sure its ok though, but keep this thread open then.

+1

The new site looks interesting anyway.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
The new site looks great, and I'm sure the mods won't mind this thread. It's not as if it's just some tool advertising something that is of no interest to the UG community.

cheers for posting
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
This thread should be fine, the mods let RobChappers post his Orange stuff over here so I don't see why this should be any different.

The new site looks good.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by Sonny_sam
The new site looks great, and I'm sure the mods won't mind this thread. It's not as if it's just some tool advertising something that is of no interest to the UG community.

cheers for posting

Thanks -- sorry if I fumbled what was meant to be a friendly introduction!
Quote by timi_hendrix
This thread should be fine, the mods let RobChappers post his Orange stuff over here so I don't see why this should be any different.

The new site looks good.

Good point!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
that hand mate tube video was awesome!
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
welcome from a ehx user
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
that hand mate tube video was awesome!

fwiw, I'm trying to have a mix of different kinds of posts on the blog -- the home-grown tube video was there because I thought it was totally amazing DIY -- for other posts (such as J Mascis' Muff museum) I'm trying to dig up interesting nuggets of EHX history -- and for others (such as this this or this or this) I'm adding beautiful, interesting, funny, or just plain weird things by regular folks in the EHX community (ie, why should sites like this always feature only famous rock gods, when so many people are doing such great things).

So that's partly why I'm here -- I'm hoping you might help me to keep improving our site (so that it's more useful to you), and also hoping that you might even have some fun stuff to share...
Quote by timi_hendrix

The new site looks good.

Agreed, usually stuff like this is perfectly allowed - there was robchappers and the people at pickguardscorner were allowed to show their site

Looks good and hope you get some good insight, always nice to see big companies paying attention to communities like this and HC for help
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Hi, mod here.
Make sure to read the FAQ so you're aware of what you can and can't do (basically, no advertising). You'll want to be careful since you're more likely than the average user to get reported for something that looks like an ad.
Other than that, welcome to UG, we're happy to have you.
No offense but I didnt like the rotating pedal thing, this is much better

Also, go to the EHX User thread, I'm sure they'd love to talk to you.
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

Good job...I like the clean look of the new site. Please keep us updated on new stuff coming out!!
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by Goldenglove
Just wanted to make sure - are you producing Hot Tubes again?
And welcome

Sorry for the delay!

I've been pushing to get approval to go ahead and answer you here -- there will be one last run, of 400 units, available starting in about 3 weeks. So get 'em while they're Hot (Tubes) -- you heard it here first!
EHX pedals are awesome.

Will be checking out the new site soon.
How long might it take for those new Frequency Analysers to be available en masse?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I masturbated in front of a mirror and I pretended Bob Barker was giving me a handjob.

Quote by Bazilisck311

You know you're a guitar player if the pianist at your wedding plays "Eruption"
there is an Electro-Harmonix Users Guild thread not too far back either.

i think you only got caution because you are an Oct08'r.

it doesn't appear that you are trying to sell anything necessarily so if you are a web developer and strictly looking for feedback on your site and content i don't see any harm as long as you can later prove if necessary that you actually work there.
Welcome to UG
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
it doesn't appear that you are trying to sell anything necessarily so if you are a web developer and strictly looking for feedback on your site and content i don't see any harm as long as you can later prove if necessary that you actually work there.
Welcome to UG

I'm for real.

I really just wanted to let folks here know about the new site -- largely because I added a bunch of features that are specifically intended to integrate members of the EHX community directly into (and throughout) the new site.

For example, we now have user-generated videos right alongside 'official' videos by touring professionals -- why should everything always be about famous "rock gods"? It would be awesome to find out that folks here have more videos, tips, whatever that I might add to the new site.

Cheers!
Haha you people make me laugh....

A EHX guy comes in and the first five posts are people wondering if that thread should be deleted and if this advertising. No hi or welcome or I have a question.

Chill out its the Internet.

Asking the guy about all those modulators and do dads they sell.