Hey guys, heres my dilemma. I already have two very nice guitars, a Greco Les Paul w/ Kahler Tremolo and a Schecter Tempest Custom. I like both of these quite a bit, but I'm looking for a different flavor. I had a strat for a while and it just wasn't for me. So, I'm looking at a few different guitars right now. I want something for more atmospheric playing styles, and my occasional blues/jazz fit

Epiphone Dot Studio- I played one and fell in love with the feel and sound of this thing. It was quite versatile and cut through seas of effects with ease. This guitar could get pretty aggressive too. I like the simple looks too. This guitar will look sexy with some road wear for sure. I like the open satin finish. The guitar seems to breathe easier. Pickups were meh, but a set of GFS Liverpool and Nashville P'ups and a long freakin time swapping the pickups should get this thing where I want it. THose pickups sounded sweet in my friends Sheraton. Later it would benefit from other hardware, but at this price that won't be tough.

Ibanez Artcore AS73 - I liked this one a lot as well. This one certainly seems more geared to the rockers. Handles effects well, but doesnt quite have the bluesy/ jazzy thing going for it. I dunno, everything about this guitar feels more like a rocker. Certainly sounds good doing the dirty Southern-core thing. More solid hardware to the Epi methinks.

Squier VM Tele Thinline - This thing kills two fetishes in one, my semi-hollow fetish and my Tele fetish. I wish this had the laquered neck, but I can certainly fix that. The pickups were ok, a little thin sounding, a bit too strat-like for me. Decent hardware, but could be better. This one is in the same price range as the Dot, so that would be a simple fix. The Shoreline Gold actually looks great on this guitar. I love the neck pickup sound. Nice and full.

Squier Classic Vibe Tele - Ahh! Blonde finishes with black pickguards are hot! I liked this guitar a lot. This thing screams classic Tele. I'm glad someone got their act together and rereleased the pine body. I would probably swap the pickups, but they sounded better than the Thinline for sure. I like the gloss neck. This guitar will also look hot with road wear. It's a surprisingly versatile guitar, and fills my appetite for twangy blues and dirty jazz sounds.

SX STL 62 - The least expensive of the bunch, but surprisingly good build quality. It is at least up to par with the Classic Vibe in terms of hardware. It felt more well set up. I like the looks and feel. Again, gloss neck is a plus. This one felt more rock ready, but still delivers the goods for jazzy bluesy stuff. This would be cake to make it much better as it is so cheap.

The thing I want is a different flavor guitar, that doesn't cost a ton as it won't be a main guitar and will likely take a beating. Plus I'm a tweaker and enjoy modding less glorified guitars. Feel free to weigh in opinions. Thanks
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Last edited by Bloodshed at Oct 7, 2008,
Nobody has any input? I'm kinda surprised
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
I'd get the Dot Standard, if you could. I prefered one of them over quite a few of those guitars.

So yeah, maybe that, and if you don't like the sound of the pickups as much, just swap them; it's not that hard.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
The pinecaster or the Artcore. Those tele's are supposed to be a great value. Tough call.
After my personal lust for a tele I'd go with one of them (Y)
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Thanks for the input....keep it coming
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Epiphone Dot. You got your other guitars for the more rock-oriented playing styles, so get this one for an Jazz/Blues outfit.
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com