hey guys, i need 20 or so musical terms for an etymology project, anyone got some ideas?

also... fap is not a musical term
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
Diminished
Harmonic
Minor
Arpeggiated
Sequence
Dominant
Tectonics
Whole steps
Phryngian
Mode
Raised
Fourth
Metal

Would you like them used in a sentence?
"This next lick is a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant tectonics, descending down in whole steps on the phryngian mode with a raised fourth. Metal."
dynamics
bpm
legatto
stacato

edit: For further dynamic: forte fortissimo ,fortissimo, forte, mezzo forte, mezzo piano, piano, pianissimo, piano pianissimo

Italian is gud
Last edited by kevC4 at Oct 7, 2008,
umm here we go..
cadence
modulation
imitative polyphony
dynamics
tempo
syncopation
pitch
word painting
ternary form
chord
melody
modes
timbre
phrase
dicconace
consonance

there you might have 20 or more im two lazy to count..
Quote by metaldud536
Diminished
Harmonic
Minor
Arpeggiated
Sequence
Dominant
Tectonics
Whole steps
Phryngian
Mode
Raised
Fourth
Metal

"This next lick is a diminished harmonic minor, arpeggiated sequence of dominant tectonics, descending down in whole steps on the phryngian mode with a raised fourth. Metal."

?
just list a bunch of musical instruments?
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by metaldud536
Diminished
Harmonic
Minor
Arpeggiated
Sequence
Dominant
Tectonics
Whole steps
Phryngian
Mode
Raised
Fourth
Metal

"This next lick is a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant tectonics, descending down in whole steps on the phryngian mode with a raised fourth. Metal."

Phrygian mode doesn't have a raised 4th degree...It only has a flattened second, does it not? Modes cannot have accidentals in them. If they do, they are not modes.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Quote by metaldud536

Isn't that in a MAB demotivator?
Well as long as you don't take any drummer/percussion related words, you should be fine.
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
Quote by goth clash
Phrygian mode doesn't have a raised 4th degree...It only has a flattened second, does it not? Modes cannot have accidentals in them. If they do, they are not modes.

I dunno man, it seems legit. http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1386207y6Zea28E

Quote by MoleMania
Isn't that in a MAB demotivator?

Which I took the time to make.
holy crap... congrats guys, this was waaay better than i expected. internetz for everyone!
Quote by Strato-Massacre

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
Quote by goth clash

well if you were to work with modes out of the key of C when composing modes on a staff you would need accidentals...
Quote by metaldud536

that sounds exactly like this guy i know lol

"Ein Herz von flimmernden Hirngespinsten,
Ohne Halt und ohne Boden.
Feuer des Winters,
Herr der Träume,
Vater aller Türen: Öffne!"
Paysage d'Hiver - Ich schreite
staccato
fugue
toccata
etude
waltz
accelerando
molto
mezzo
crescendo
decrescendo
del segno
retardando
fortissimo
pianissimo
pizzicato
harmonic
overtone
mode
polychord
rhythm
melody
harmony
clef
chord
note
crotchet
quaver
semiquaver
semidemiquaver
hemisemidemiquaver
arpeggio
allegro
allegretto
opus/oprah
acoustics
pitch
tonality
tune
rondo
sonata
concerto
symphony
philharmonic
orchestra
ballad
chorus
interval
duet
quartet
quintuplet
sextet
septet
octet
modulation
phrase
legato
glissando
acciacatura
hue
Quote by fudger
well if you were to work with modes out of the key of C when composing modes on a staff you would need accidentals...

No because modes do not come from the same key...A Dorian and A Lydian are not in the same key. A Dorian is in B major and A Lydian is in E Major. Modes take the notes of the key that they are in, thus not having accidentals.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
any less classical terms? like... riff or git fiddle? although i've got enough to work with if i have to already... but i think the teacher wants more moderny slang words
Quote by Strato-Massacre

Quote by Kensai
Quote by goth clash
No because modes do not come from the same key...A Dorian and A Lydian are not in the same key. A Dorian is in B major and A Lydian is in E Major. Modes take the notes of the key that they are in, thus not having accidentals.

the phrygian on C
this seems to have accidentals to me.
Last edited by fudger at Oct 7, 2008,
Quote by fudger

the phrygian on C
this seems to have accidentals to me.

C Phyrgian is in the key of Ab Major....It therefore has no accidentals when written. This is because they have parent keys, as I demonstrated with C Phrygian. C Phrygian shares the same note set as Ab Major and does not need any accidentals. If you don't believe me look at the Ab Major scale and then C Phrygian. If I'm wrong then I really shouldn't be currently taking a degree in music and my teacher shouldn't be qualified to teach.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
Last edited by goth clash at Oct 7, 2008,