I'm yet again picking up a new strat. A local dealer is selling two used Fender American Strats and both play amazingly well. I still haven't made up my mind but which would you guys pick up?

Strat 1: 1999 Fender American Fat Strat Texas Special - Like new condition - Texas Special Pickups and Seymore Duncan Pearly Gates Plus Humbucker in the bridge - sienna sunburst

Strat 2: 1987 Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Clean and in good condition - all original - Dakota Red

The 1987 strat is actually cheaper by at least $100.
Personally I would go for the 87, because I like SSS strats.
Quote by ameer
Personally I would go for the 87, because I like SSS strats.

+1

I think if you are gonna get a Strat, get one the way they are meant to be.
Quote by MAYNARD
+1

I think if you are gonna get a Strat, get one the way they are meant to be.

+2
I'd go for the 87, cheaper, SSS, and well I usually like the looks of 80s strats

Though from a post you made earlier, I take it you won't be keeping it for too long?
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I'd go for the 87, cheaper, SSS, and well I usually like the looks of 80s strats

Though from a post you made earlier, I take it you won't be keeping it for too long?

Actually, an 80's strat i might keep a while lol
Then the 80s seems best

Though to be fair, with re-selling it, you could easily get a relatively new guitarist and say it's worth loads (make sure it's someone born in the 90s who doesn't have much buying knowledge )
Yeah man id go with the older one if you can, Age is timeless when it comes to guitars
Olipticle is reforming into something greater then ever! Come check our sites and leave any comments you want!

www.myspace.com/olipticle
http://
Do i even need to say anything?
Guitars
1998 Gibson Les Paul Standard
1992 Ibanez RG550
Amplifier
1978 Marshall JMP 2203
you dont really buy a strat to get humbuckers now do you? she'll be a beaut though. post some pics when you get it.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Well, can I say something that no ones asked yet?

Are you gonna be using it for heavier music? If so, I'd get the HSS one, if not, the SSS one. Personally, I'd get the SSS one, but if you need heavier tones, get the HSS.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
The 87 model has different features.

The neck profile is different, as is the finish on the neck. Also, there are standard pots in it, none of that delta tone stuff they have now.

Personally, I like the 87 better.
heaviest i play is Metallica but i use my Les Paul for that. I mostly play Blues and Classic Rock. I might not even pick it up in the end. Guy is lowballing me on a trade and it doesn't even come with the original Fender case which kind of bothers me.