MY choices are HSBC, NATWest, Loyds TSB and Barclays and i'm leaning towards NATWest. Seems like the best student bank ??

The issue here is my dad's gonna send me money from abroad and today this dude told me HSBC charged like 10% on money from abroad and NATWest charged 25%

Any info on that ? Any advice for a banking n00b ???
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
Tell your dad to put the money in a matress. Then send the matress by mail.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
im with hsbc and they recently changed mine to a student account...i notice no change
Sig space available, give me some praise
what about RBS? I don't know the difference between any of those banks (i'm with RBS) but RBS have a student account. I sound like an advert right now, but whatever. lol
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Co-operative are good
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
^ ^ he wants a bank which might exist next week, presumably, meh...

though you're covered up to £50k i think? so should be ok...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ he wants a bank which might exist next week, presumably, meh...

Royal bank of Scotland =/= bank of scotland
35K is the limit you're covered with
My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean V Dave Mustaine
VOX VT15
ESP LTD B-50
Peavey MicroBass 20w
^ i thought they increased it to £50k in the last few days? (or were talking about it, anyway...)

Quote by meh!
Royal bank of Scotland =/= bank of scotland

dang.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Why would i want a student account anyways ? Why not a normal account ?
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
I think the safest thing you can do is go with a very strong bank. In my opinion these are Abbey and Natwest. With Natwest you also get a student rail card.
Quote by meh!
what about RBS? I don't know the difference between any of those banks (i'm with RBS) but RBS have a student account. I sound like an advert right now, but whatever. lol
NatWest=RBS
Quote by X-Boy

The only difference is usually student accouts have interest free over draft, so only really useful if you're going into minus money.

I'm a student but my parents pay for my uni stuffs so I never go into over draft, therefore don't have a student account/

Actually I do have a student account, because they gave me a free webcam and discount railcard for opening one, but I have about £3 in there.
oh i see. banks should stop buy one and other. it confuses me.
Quote by X-Boy

interest free overdraft. They also give you free stuff, but meh.
lloyds are alright, interest isnt that great though
now extra flamey
To be honest I don't even keep my money in my bank (Natwest) anymore. As soon as any money goes in I take it straight out again and keep it in my house. I keep as little as I can in to pay for my monthly phone bill.
With the way banks are right now you should invest in a mattress to keep your money in.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Natwest have pissed me right off with the student card. It takes weeks and involves several applications to get everything sent to you. I might just take the railcard and forget using the account itself.

I'm not sure how nationwide stands up as a student account but i've never had a problem with them and have always had good service.
actually, meh!, i just checked the news and RBS shares fell 39% today. probably bet to move it to the "maybe" pile...

sorry, i honestly hadn't heard the news when i made that statement...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Ur all $h1t
With the way banks are right now you should invest in a mattress to keep your money in.

yeah, or ns and i (but they probably don't do a current account...)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
actually, meh!, i just checked the news and RBS shares fell 39% today. probably bet to move it to the "maybe" pile...

lol

not really lol...
Quote by Dave_Mc
Urgh...don't make me turn this into a rant about Peston
Quote by meh!
lol

not really lol...

indeed. you're probably ok, as long as you have less than 35/50k (whichever it is)... though i suspect they might have to do a big bail out, or else guarantee all savings (like germany did, one day after criticising ireland for doing the same thing ).

that's more for the political thread, though, where i'm heading next.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by smb
Urgh...don't make me turn this into a rant about Peston

I bet he's had a busy few weeks.
Quote by X-Boy
MY choices are HSBC, NATWest, Loyds TSB and Barclays and i'm leaning towards NATWest. Seems like the best student bank ??

The issue here is my dad's gonna send me money from abroad and today this dude told me HSBC charged like 10% on money from abroad and NATWest charged 25%

Any info on that ? Any advice for a banking n00b ???

Send it over PayPal, no fee's then.
Natwest are AWESOME!

but dont let them push you into getting the credit card

they really care about you as a student and do check ups with you to make sure youre still happy with them and stuff
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
Quote by Dave_Mc

Oh shit my brother works there.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5

Unless Brown and Darling come up with something quick, I don't think he will be working there for much longer.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5

sorry to hear that, don't get too worried yet, there's a good chance the govt will come up with a bail out or something...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
sorry to hear that, don't get too worried yet, there's a good chance the govt will come up with a bail out or something...

I think they are going to announce it tonight. They need something before the market opens tomorrow.
yeah, they should probably announce that the market in banks' shares is closed tomorrow.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Natwest suck...they're pissing me off, and whenever I ring them I get put on hold for ages

Bastards
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new