So i tried out the EBS UniChorus today, and it's seriously the only chorus pedal i've ever played that i liked, but it's too expensive.

I'm looking for some good bass chorus pedals i can play with my guitar, that have a similar sound as the EBS.

Any recommendations?
DigiTech makes a great, cost effective chorus pedal. I was very, very pleased with this pedal, its pretty amazing for the price.
But remember you also get a flanger in that package as well. I love ebs products but ya it is alot to dish out.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by anarkee
DigiTech makes a great, cost effective chorus pedal. I was very, very pleased with this pedal, its pretty amazing for the price.

The Digitech Chorus, is great. Solid as a rock, sounds good and a good price.
this thread is relevant to my interests.

about the Digitech Chorus, how transparent is it?
I have used this chorus pedal with my fretless, my Ibanez, a low end GK combo and and my Ampeg. Its a great pedal and IRS is correct, seamlessly transparent.
Quote by IndianRockStar
The Digitech Bass Chorus. Honestly, I use chorus a lot, and IMO its the only one I ever need. Its super adjustable, super transparent, super cheap. No low end loss.

but its digitech
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by slaptasticdave
but its digitech

Nothin' wrong with Digitech. I use one of their multi-effects for bass, great products.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Nothin' wrong with Digitech. I use one of their multi-effects for bass, great products.

Really? I got a BP80 as my first ever effects pedal. As soon as I realized it sucked (your BP200 is probably far better, though. I'm not questioning that or anything) I got the idea that they weren't good. I'm starting to think digitech (especially the chorus) might be worth a second look
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
I own the Digitech Multi-Voice chorus and the DigiDelay. Both are really wonderful pedals that for the cost (>100 USD usually) are great sounding.
oh, are we talking about the Digitech Chorus Factory or Multi-Voice here?
The Boss CEB-3 is good sounding, if you happen to come across one, but there's not a lot of tones. I'd go Digitech, but if you see a used one it's a nice choice.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by chernk
this thread is relevant to my interests.

about the Digitech Chorus, how transparent is it?

As transparent as you want it to be. That's what the level knob is for.

That said, it sounds nothing like a Small Clone - which IMO is a good thing. It sounds like a digital chorus, not an analog alien warble.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
slightly off topic, anyone know any good chorus/flangers, other than the $200 EBS, or anything in that price range for that matter. I thought having a flange would be useful too, and I don't think I'd use either enough to warrant buying two seperate pedals
Quote by C0_0kie

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
What about the EHX Clone Theory? Doesn't that have Flange as well?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
The Stereo Electric Mistress has both.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
How well do those work on bass (they're both guitar pedals, right?)
Quote by C0_0kie

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
The Clone Theory is reviewed by Bass Player is on BPTV. So I say it's good for bass.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
A bit related to the topic at hand, but I am really hoping Fitz or someone with a bit more gear knowledge than I can answer this one. The guitarist I play with has an HK Tube Rotosphere pedal which sounds rather cool with guitar, much like the Hammond Leslie cabinets do. Could one of these work with Bass?
OK, this is more of a hypothesis as to a direct answer, but for me, the Leslie with a bass is analogous to a wah with a bass. Not necessarily in terms of low-end rape, but in terms of frequency centering. I think we can all agree that the bass is pretty much happening below 2.5kHz and is pretty straightforward above that. Definitely not much going on past 4kHz. Meanwhile, there's tonnes going on with guitar beyond 2.5kHz (especially at 4kHz), and I'm gonna guess that a good bit of that leslie swoosh is going to be north of that point of the frequency spectrum. Or to the right, as it were. A guitar wah pedal sounds weak on a bass because the frequencies it's working on is more meant for the guitar spectrum. I think the same will happen for bass. Worst comes to worst it'll suck all your tone away and you won't hear your bass at all. Best case is the effect'll be too subtle to appreciate on the bass.

Without an EHX Micro POG feeding it to one half of the effects loop (!).

But that's just a guess. Can you bum his for a day?

Also, is it a true Leslie type thing, or that CHAAHEECHAAHEECHAAHEE of a UniVibe?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Its a pretty accurate Leslie emulator. (The same guitarist also has a Leslie and bought the Rotosphere so he didn't have to lug the cabinet around). Hughes and Kettner have some sound clips on their site, but I have to reload Flash to get them to play correctly.
Hughes and Kettner are boutique-ish enough to answer your question if you e-mail them. If I can get 2 responses from Tony Franklin the day after I send the e-mail, you can get a response from them.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by thefitz
Hughes and Kettner are boutique-ish enough to answer your question if you e-mail them. If I can get 2 responses from Tony Franklin the day after I send the e-mail, you can get a response from them.

Merci beaucoup Fitz--I'll send them an email and post back when I get an answer.
Quote by IndianRockStar

Just thought I'd let you know, I love how you write out sound effects.

Have you heard one? Check out Hendrix's Star Spangled Banner, or some live takes of Yellow Ledbetter. That's the only way to describe it, other than "why would somebody pay for that?"

Oh, and some trivia - you know that famous YouTube video of Stu Hamm played The Star Spangled Banner? I posted it.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by thefitz
If I can get 2 responses from Tony Franklin the day after I send the e-mail, you can get a response from them.

What were you emailing Tony Franklin about?
Quote by C0_0kie

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Well Fitz I heard back from them 4 hours after I emailed them. According to their customer service, its very very workable for a bass guitar and though they have no bass sound clips on their site, they would try to wrangle up a sound bite of the Rotosphere on bass in the next week or so.

And yes--I knew about your YouTube contribution after watching another video you posted out there...