Okay guys, I need some help with some chords I didn't even know existed Some of these chords I know but I'm just putting them all down. If anyone wants to see the music that the chords are from, just ask :P:

The chords are:

Ami7(b5)
Bbma7
Bb6/9
Bma7
Cmi7
D7(b9)
Dmi7(b5)
D+7(#9)
Ebma7
Eb/F
F9
Gmi7
G7(b9)
G13
G+7(b9)
G7(b9)
Ab13

Any help would be appreciated
Last edited by boysontour2006 at Oct 7, 2008,
Would you rather a lesson on HOW they're built so you can do it yourself in the future when you don't have a computer in front of you but a lead sheet?
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by boysontour2006
Okay guys, I need some help with some chords I didn't even know existed Some of these chords I know but I'm just putting them all down. If anyone wants to see the music that the chords are from, just ask :P:

The chords are:

Ami7(b5)
Bbma7
Bb6/9
Bma7
Cmi7
D7(b9)
Dmi7(b5)
D+7(#9)
Ebma7
Eb/F
F9
Gmi7
G7(b9)
G13
G+7(b9)
G7(b9)
Ab13

Any help would be appreciated

What do you want to know about them, exactly? What the notes are? What the uses are? What b5, #9, + mean? I'll explain a few that will hopefully cover the rest:

Ami7(b5)
A C Eb G
mi7, m7, min7, -7 all mean minor seventh chord, which is a minor triad with a minor 7th on top. b5 means you lower the 5th note by a half step.

Bbma7
Bb D F A
ma7, M7, maj7 all mean major seventh chord, which is a major triad with a major seventh on top.

Bb6/9
Bb D F G C
6/9 means six and nine, which is a major triad with a major sixth and major ninth added. it's short for 6add9.

Bma7
Look at 'Bbma7'

Cmi7
Look at 'Ami7(b5)'

D7(b9)
D F# A C Eb
7 alone means dominant seventh chord, which is a major triad with a minor seventh. b9 means you take the ninth degree and flatten it a half step.

Dmi7(b5)
Look at 'Ami7(b5)'

D+7(#9)
D F# A# C E#
This is a dominant seventh chord with the ninth degree raised a half step. the + means augmented, which is when you raise the fifth degree a half step creating an augmented triad. Also notated as #5.

Ebma7
See previous ma7

Eb/F
F Eb G Bb
This is a Eb major triad with an F note in the bass. It's a slash chord, which means the note that is after the slash (F) is in the bass.

F9
F A C Eb G
This is a dominant ninth chord, much like the dominant seventh chord. It's a major triad with a minor seventh and major ninth added. Important note: All extensions unless notated otherwise (b9, #11) are major, even if the chord is minor.

Gmi7
See previous mi7.

G7(b9)
See previous 7(b9)

G13
G B D F (A) (C) E
This is a dominant thirteenth chord. It's a dominant seventh chord with at least a major thirteenth added. The notes in parentheses are optional, among other notes since the 13 chord can contain every note in the scale... creating a lot of dissonances if all notes are used.

G+7(b9)
G B D# F Ab
This is a dominant 7th chord with a raised fifth and a flattened ninth.

G7(b9)
G B D F Ab
This is similar to the above chord but the fifth is not raised.

Ab13
See previous dominant thirteenth chord.

Hope that helped.
Nor less I deem that there are Powers
Which of themselves our minds impress;
That we can feed this mind of ours
In a wise passiveness.
--Wordsworth

last.fm
^Someone should buy you a beer.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
^ I was in the mood to waste some time, anyway.

But seriously, a beer would be nice.
Nor less I deem that there are Powers
Which of themselves our minds impress;
That we can feed this mind of ours
In a wise passiveness.
--Wordsworth

last.fm