So around 4 months ago i was jamming with more people and needed more volume than a 30 watt spider 3. I bought a Crate flexwave 2x12 120watt combo... So in those 4 months alot has changed. im a shit load better and im getting into serious bands and im hungry for better tone. I don't know wat to do with my crate i might sell it but i don't know.

I play a Schecter C-1+ with stock pickups, which i will be replacing shortly after i replace the amp. I want a half-stack preferably because i don't want to have to fuss with not enough volume because half the gigs im gonna play probably won't have a PA. And i want to get a tube amp.

I mainly play hard rock/metal but i do dabble with clean stuff so the amp has to have a clean channel though it doesn't have to be amazing it just have to be clean. I want the distortion to be awesome and i like to tweak my settings to.

I am a noob to tubes and most amps so any info is very appreciated. i was looking at the Bugera 333xl because its got 3 channels with each independent EQ, its tube, FX loop, noise gate, overall master presence, and reverb. and its only 800 for a half-stack!!!

My budget is around $800
Quote by Shecter78787
I mainly play hard rock/metal but i do dabble with clean stuff so the amp has to have a clean channel though it doesn't have to be amazing it just have to be clean. I want the distortion to be awesome and i like to tweak my settings to.
My budget is around $800

Exactly how "metal", please list some examples of your taste.
Good budget, do you think you need a half stack, seriously?
Would you consider used gear to get better tone? If so, what major city are you near?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
+1 gregs.

for 800 you can get a 5150 stack or combo used
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I have nothing really against buying used gear. so can you tell me some dead give aways for like a really bad amp that won't hold up because im going to be using it A LOT so i want it to last and i don't want some guy to be like" ya it will last forever" and then break in 6 months... I live in MD and can travel anywhere in the like baltimore area but i will go farther in search of a good deal.

As for how metal, im not talking metal core triplit till my hand falls off, more like Iron maiden, Coheed and cambria, Black Tide, metallica amount of distortion. so like hard rock/metal

I want a halfstack more then a 2x12 combo, but i guess i am willing to get a sweet combo if its the same amp out of my price range but a 2x12 in my price range. though i would reeeeeallly prefer a halfstack.
there really isn't much of a difference between a 2x12 combo and a 4x12 half stack...except you have to lug around the 4x12...Imo, the best thing is to get a head, and a seperate 2x12 cab. Easy thing to carry, and only need 2 hands
How does matching a cab and a head not of the same brand work out. does it always sound like crap or does it not really matter.
Just like to point out that if you need anything more than 30w tube to play, they'll have a PA there.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Save up enough money to get:
- 5150 used
- noisegate mod for the second channel
- decent 212 cab with greenbacks used (5150's love greenbacks!!!)

I think you'll need about 800$-1000$ for that, depending on where you live and which cab you buy.

The cleans might not be the best around, but they certainly arent bad either, especially not when you use a little delay/reverb and maybe a chorus pedal.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Used JCM 800.
Is the Noisegate mod really necessary because i could just get a noisegate pedal. I don't really care about the cleans as long as there clean. So used 5051 or 5051 II or 5051 III? Also why greenbacks just wondering, they just sound nice?

the heads got a footswitch right? i don't wanna have to walk back to the amp and switch the channels by hand