okay pitt can you help settle and argument?

i was speaking to a big headed metalica fan i know today (not saying they all are but this friend is).

he says the brown album by primus was is a tribute/parody of metalica's black album where as i think he just wants everything to have some link to metalica and i said it was a tribute/parody of the beatle's white album.

i have checked wikipedia and it agrees with me but i was wondering if i could confirm it from a few Les Claypool fans on here?

Quote by fleajr_1412
It's not a parody. Claypool took a huge shit full of awesomeness all over the album, hence the name.

Speaking of "The Brown Album" by Primus

tell your friend to learn his shit.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Well since The Black Album was so named by fans as a take-off of the Beatles' White Album, there's an indirect link either way. Although Les Claypool is friends with Metallica, so it's perfectly possible. Personally I'd guess it's a play on both.

Neither of you took Jay-Z's Black Album into account though, so you both need to learn your music trivia better.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
Well since The Black Album was so named by fans as a take-off of the Beatles' White Album, there's an indirect link either way. Although Les Claypool is friends with Metallica, so it's perfectly possible. Personally I'd guess it's a play on both.

Neither of you took Jay-Z's Black Album into account though, so you both need to learn your music trivia better.

thanks man never knew that about the black album
and according to wikipedia there are about 7 artists with an album called "the black album"

Quote by fleajr_1412
It's not a parody. Claypool took a huge shit full of awesomeness all over the album, hence the name.

you and your friend are both wrong, it's a tribute to Weezer's the Blue Album
Quote by GNiCk89
The other day my girlfriend called me a pedophile.

I said, "Damn, that's a big-ass word for an 8 year-old."
Quote by break-me-in

and YOU didn't take into account Danger Mouse's Gray/Grey album which is a mix of Jay-Z's black and The Beatles' White Album.

Quote by Sloane
you and your friend are both wrong, it's a tribute to Weezer's the Blue Album

Or the Red Album...

How many albums have they had that are just colours?

At least it's better than the Bronx...they don't even have colours...
Quote by Heavens_To_Hell
Or the Red Album...

How many albums have they had that are just colours?

At least it's better than the Bronx...they don't even have colours...

3 - Blue, Green and Red.

Apparently they might just do all their albums as colours in future.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by 3rdWardSoldier
and YOU didn't take into account Danger Mouse's Gray/Grey album which is a mix of Jay-Z's black and The Beatles' White Album.

Oh no, someone can't take a lighthearted comment.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
3 - Blue, Green and Red.

i think we have been great for finding all these colour name albums but do we know which is parodied by primus?

Quote by fleajr_1412

Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by fleajr_1412

siged

Quote by fleajr_1412

In Soviet Russia MOP covers YOU!!

Quote by fleajr_1412

Quote by break-me-in
3 - Blue, Green and Red.

pretty colors
Quote by GNiCk89
The other day my girlfriend called me a pedophile.

I said, "Damn, that's a big-ass word for an 8 year-old."
Quote by break-me-in
Oh no, someone can't take a lighthearted comment.

Yeah you.

Everyone assumes having a smiley with rolling eyes means they're being a dick.
Quote by break-me-in

Even then, wasn't that named the "White Album" by fans? It was just self titled as well, no?
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
The Black album is actually just a self-titled release that was named "The Black Album" by fans.

Not much of a 'Tallica fan, is he?
Quote by Untitled001
The Black album is actually just a self-titled release that was named "The Black Album" by fans.

Not much of a 'Tallica fan, is he?

he likes to think he is... he gots teh special edition box set of death magnetic... or so he tells me daily

Quote by fleajr_1412

Quote by Crazy_x_Angel
he likes to think he is... he gots teh special edition box set of death magnetic... or so he tells me daily

WHOA BIG FAN RIGHT THERE!

Love Metallica and everything, but I'm not gonna spend nearly £100 on a coffin box set.