As mods go, this is hardly drastic, but is something I'd been meaning to do for a while. I've never liked the knobs on my Ibanez Jet King 2, so I bought some Black Gibson 'Speed' Knobs to replace 'em. Just took the old ones off and tryed putting the gibsons on. HOWEVER the Ibanez knobs were held on by a screw on the side and the Gibson's aren't- they have lots of grooves on the inside of the knob. I can't the gibsons on to the metal bit of the knob - it doesn't have grooves on it, it's just smooth. I really likethe gibson ones - anyway I could get them on the Ibanez?
Any suggestions would be great!

-soupdragon
Quote by philjay
^^I never ceases to amaze my guitar playing friends. It's all fun in games till I bring out the MIGHTY TOASTER

(Discussion about the Orange Tiny Terror)
Do they fit on but are not secured? or just cant fit them on?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I think youd have to get speed knobs that have a screw on the outside like your old ones.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
try super glue or get some foam and fill the knobs with it, then make a hole in it that is just a little bit smaller then the metal bit on the know and push it on the knob. it'll probably hold.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
They won't fit on. If the grooves on the inside were'nt there, as far as i can tell it would fit perfect. How could i get rid of the grooves?
Quote by philjay
^^I never ceases to amaze my guitar playing friends. It's all fun in games till I bring out the MIGHTY TOASTER

(Discussion about the Orange Tiny Terror)
DO NOT USE SUPERGLUE

it'll be a terrible mistake if you do.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Drill the grooves out. Use a bit thats the same size, or a hair smaller than the shaft on the pot.
drill bit will do it. just make sure you don't overdrill... or you'll have to do it again :P
------

Shwiggity.