Page 1 of 2
Hey,

I'm searching for a electric guitar..
Well, my budget is about €300 or less, if it's something very special, a bit higher :P

I just started playing and I absolutely like it!
I think a starterskit is enough to begin. If I can rock good I will search for better guitars.

I found 1 starterskit:
Link

Is that enough for my learning years and if not, wich one is? :O
So you already have a guitar, or do you need one to begin playing?

Well, for a decent starter kit, that'll keep you going for ages, I would get:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/epiphone_sg400_ch.htm

An Epiphone G400, which is basically a really good value guitar and;

http://www.thomann.de/gb/roland_cube15x.htm

A Roland Cube 15X or whatever it is. It's over your budget by a bit, but you get some really good gear, not to mention the Epi is a really nice guitar to mod and things. That guitar will last years.

EDIT: Just to say, if you do decide to get the Ibanez guitar, that tremelo bridge will drive you absolutley nuts.

So I would really consider spending the extra money on the Epi and the Cube.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Last edited by Lil Macker at Oct 7, 2008,
starter kits are usually a rip off... it depends on what kind of playing you're looking to do though. it really doesn't make sense to buy a 200 euro guitar and then sell it later when you get better... try and find yourself a guitar around 500 if your budget is 600 and then skimp on the amp. yeah a better amp will make you sound better... but a better guitar will speed the learning process. so Ibanez makes a very solid guitar. built for hard rock/ metal. higher end ESP and Jacksons can also be good. for blues/ classic rock, a fender is best. Gibsons do basically everything. so good luck
What ever you do, dont go into a pawn shop unless you know what your buying id say visit the local instrument shop and see what they are offerning... maybe an epiphone or squire strat.

Danelectro's are pretty cheep to, and you cant beat they're tone.
Olipticle is reforming into something greater then ever! Come check our sites and leave any comments you want!

www.myspace.com/olipticle
http://
I'd go with the starterpack from Ibanez that you found. since it's only a few hundred bucks it isn't a great guitar, but for the money you can be very happy. I've started with one too and I still use that guitar quite often, it plays really nice, the only thing I consider is replacing the pick-ups..
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
i'd personally get a yamaha pacifica 112v + roland microcube...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

+1

The pacifica is a nice reliable guitar, probably the best in its price range in my opinion.
yeah, certainly out of what i've tried, anyway (i haven't tried every single guitar at that price, of course)... and i've tried a lot of guitars which have been more expensive than the pacifica 112 which i thought were worse...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
biased opinion inc, but stay the hell away from Ibanez's cheap stuff. Id recommend spending all of that 300 on just a guitar, and hell with the starter kit crap. Epiphones are pretty decent as well as MIM Strats. Jacksons too maybe?
after reading all your replies (thanks btw) im convinced that i not have to take that ibanez..
i dont have a guitar, but i practice on my dads one, he plays in a metalband ^_^
ii just want a standard shape, maybe a bit different but i dont need flying v's or square guitars or whatever just close to strat.
i searched further and i found another one, more expensive but it isnt, as far as i know, the same shit as the ibanez kit. it's a Jackson JS30DK (Black):
http://www.thomann.de/nl/jackson_js30dk_bk.htm
someone has good/bad experience whit it? plz tell me!
i haven't tried that jackson, but as far as i'm aware, it has a reputation as a beginner's guitar... if you can try it, by all means do, but if not, i'd avoid it to be honest.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
avoid the dk...it has a cheap ass trem..i would say epiphone sg..that would suit you as a beginner..
i learnt on an old tele..i found it in a skip :P
but seriously, tried an epi and loved it, paid my cash and went home happy
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
Fender MIM are really good value, sound brilliant through the right amp, versatile too
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
epiphone sg has the things i want, except for the look... yes i know i said i want it simple and this is simple enough...but it has some thing... i dont know what! but the looks dissapoints me someway!
yes i am a beginner so the reputation of a beginner guitar doesnt matter for now, and i wont use the tremolo the next few years...
Fender MIM looks good @ google images, but how much does it cost? :O my budget cant me very more then €300
get a roland micro cube or one of those new peavey vipers( i havent played the vypers but the reviews are excellent) and any guitar that u think will keep u playing
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by Flying Niels
epiphone sg has the things i want, except for the look... yes i know i said i want it simple and this is simple enough...but it has some thing... i dont know what! but the looks dissapoints me someway!
yes i am a beginner so the reputation of a beginner guitar doesnt matter for now, and i wont use the tremolo the next few years...
Fender MIM looks good @ google images, but how much does it cost? :O my budget cant me very more then €300

probably over budget, MIMs go for almost £300 here... i'd personally stick with the yamaha pacifica 112 to be honest, if i were starting again it's what i'd probably get.

the problem with not using the trem on that jackson is that locking trems take more time to set up etc.... also, just because you're a beginner doesn't mean that you mightn't as well get as nice a guitar as you can...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Lil Macker
So you already have a guitar, or do you need one to begin playing?

Well, for a decent starter kit, that'll keep you going for ages, I would get:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/epiphone_sg400_ch.htm

An Epiphone G400, which is basically a really good value guitar and;

http://www.thomann.de/gb/roland_cube15x.htm

A Roland Cube 15X or whatever it is. It's over your budget by a bit, but you get some really good gear, not to mention the Epi is a really nice guitar to mod and things. That guitar will last years.

EDIT: Just to say, if you do decide to get the Ibanez guitar, that tremelo bridge will drive you absolutley nuts.

So I would really consider spending the extra money on the Epi and the Cube.

This, but instead of a cube 15x, get a roland microcube.
http://www.thomann.de/gb/roland_micro_cube.htm

The cube 15x and 20x don't have the same modeling as the microcube, 30x, and 60x, which is what people are looking for usually when buying a roland.

It's closer to being in your budget, and will last you a long time. Hell, I still use my microcube more than my traynor.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Quote by Flying Niels
i'll use my dads amp, so keep the topic on guitars
---
Niels

Oh, well then why were you looking at a starter kit?
If you don't like the sg, I'd agree with everyone and say to go with the pacifia.
Yes, they do have trems, I'm not sure if there's a non trem version
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Honestly man, i'd do some research before you buy one. You don't want to end up buying one, then it being one you hate. Just ask your dad/guys at your local shop what guitars that they would recommend to you that would fit the genre you want to play.

Then you could look if that have any guitars that they recommended at the shop or go around to different pawn shops. You can sometimes find great deals on used guitars you just have to know what you're looking for though.
Gear:
Ibanez GSR200FM
Ibanez SW35 amp

Jackson JS30RR
Cheap fender amp

Getting a better guitar amp after christmas.

Just to throw my 2 cents into the mix, I would say the pacifica would be a wise choice and more than anything, if it's your first guitar stay away from anything with a Floyd Rose (locking trem) in it as that's just trouble that you don't need when you're just starting out!
Yamaha Pacifica 112v and a Vox Da5/Roland Microcube

EDIT: Alright no amp then...don't buy a cheap guitar with a floating trem..it's not a good idea. Save a lot more if you really want a guitar with a floating bridge.
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
Last edited by the_wayward_one at Oct 12, 2008,
well, im researching now by asking on forums -_- well my dad has a good guitar whit a tremolo and i like playing on it, and it isnt something very expensive and wonderfull.. i'll just go to a hop soon, just take one wich looks nice and ask for a amp and start playin'
maybe i can better buy a guitar now wich i can use too when im more experienced.. well in the hardrock/metal world you cant miss the tremolo!
i have been playing just over 6 years..
ive owned 3 floyd rose guitars..
1st..shit
2nd..wasnt as bad
3rd..fine

i set the 3rd one up...as per UG FR setup thread and its good.

BUT i would seriously go against getting one for your first guitar!
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
the pacifica has a vintage-style trem. unless you're willing to up your budget significantly, i'd avoid anything with a locking trem to be honest.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you really want a whammy and have a small budget...you're best bet is to buy a normal guitar ( i recommend the Pacifica) i.e without a floating trem, and buy a whammy pedal of some sort. Even then you probably have to raise your budget. Like i said in a earlier post buying a cheap guitar with a licensed FR of some sort isn't a bright idea. Trying looking for whammy pedal in your budget with a Pacifica (if you really want the whammy effect) instead of buying a $300 guitar with a licensed Floyd, which would most probably give you lots of trouble in a few months.
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
Quote by Flying Niels
cant you just unlock it? -_-

no, that's not quite what it means, it means that the strings are locked at both bridge and nut. the problem with cheaper guitars with cheaper locking trems is that they're made of substandard materials, softer metals, often cast metal, which will wear out before too long (sometimes a matter of a few months)... once that happens, say goodbye to your guitar staying in tune...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

+1
Quote by Flying Niels
i know that, but my dad said that you can put the fr to normal

you mean block it? i guess so, but then you have all the extra hassle of restringing a floyd with none of the benefits (plus cheap floyds have really light sustain blocks so generally don't sound very good)...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Page 1 of 2