Page 1 of 2
People have commented on here on a thread I started up here on the pit that some people find Bob Marley's music over rated? Are you kidding me??? JEALOUSY IS AS COLD AS THE GRAVE.
1. Wrong forum. Bands and Artists, I think.
2. You're quite clearly working for some website, judging by your username/sig.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
its average. nothing special, nothing bad.
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
Honestly, he had great songwriting skills and an even better voice. he was creative and brought things to reggae that no one else had. he is the king of reggae, and nobody should be hating on him, expecially in the reggae world.
Music is music. No music is better than others. People have different tastes. Therefore it cannot be overated or underated.
Quote by Masamune
Who cares, it's good music that I like to listen to from time to time.

This. Why can't people just ENJOY the music?
Professional Tracking, Mixing and Mastering available.
Available for live sound, consultation and rig/ system designing in and around the Montreal, CA area.
PM for details.

Past clients/ credits include: The Catalyst, Click! and Alain Caron.
I think so.

Infact, I love reggae but don't like 99% of the songs I've heard by him.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Greenie_777
Music is music. No music is better than others. People have different tastes. Therefore it cannot be overated or underated.

I just really hope it's not a racial thing, cause Bob Marley is half white and half black and through his music you know, it brought everyone together from many different cultures.
Quote by Greenie_777

Finally! Someone decntly smart. Theer's so such thing as bad music... It's all in peoples opinions. And I do like Bob Marley. He's original. And awesome. Jah.
Quote by miguelito2729
This. Why can't people just ENJOY the music?

aye, i just can't understand why people can't.

besides, bob's music makes me feel good and move.
Quote by Greenie_777

I direct you, good sir, to The Blackout Kids.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Is it over rated?
Well whos bob marley
Fender Special Edition Custom Telecaster FMT HH in Crimson Red
Reverend Sensei HB FM in Tobacco Burst
Fender Vintage C Neck, HH, Surf Green Nitrocellulose (Handmade)

Egnater Rebel-30 MKI Head
Egnater Tourmaster Series 412B 280W 4x12 Cabinet

someone who gets it.

TS, quit advertising your website
Quote by n2dabloo
No, it's grass roots reggae personified.

What you're trying to say is true and I love Bob Marley but the wod "PERSONIFY" has to be used in referring to a person, not music. Bob Marley was grass roots reggae personified.
Quote by break-me-in
I direct you, good sir, to The Blackout Kids.

Do you mean Blackout crew?

If so then yes i do laugh at them. I also think they are terrible.

However the stuff i wrote before is how my ideal thoughts would be. But of course i slag off music if i don't like music.

That's just the way it is.
Quote by Greenie_777

You should save this post and use it for pretty much every pit thread.
Quote by Greenie_777

now, i agree with the second part, and accept people's tastes. but I just dont agree that music is all the same quality. if one artist puts his heart and balls into his work, then another just gets someone to write crap songs and overproduce them, i think the first one is going to have better musical results, regardless of how popular it is. popularity has NOTHING to do with music quality
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
Quote by Greenie_777
Do you mean Blackout crew?

If so then yes i do laugh at them. I also think they are terrible.

However the stuff i wrote before is how my ideal thoughts would be. But of course i slag off music if i don't like music.

That's just the way it is.

Well yeah but if absolutely no-one thinks the music is good, surely it's objectively bad? And if it's technically horrible (and I mean horrible, not just simplistic like Green Day) then really it is bad music. I'm not saying I don't agree about subjectivity, but in some cases, music is just plain bad.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
He's great, the only thing that's annoying is all the kids that wear marley shirts but heard like one song, if that.

Same with the stones, and zeppelin
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Oi, TS, you're not allowed an opinion. You're a company and so whatever you say I will be suspicious of that you're trying to sell me stuff.
Quote by rageagainst64
now, i agree with the second part, and accept people's tastes. but I just dont agree that music is all the same quality. if one artist puts his heart and balls into his work, then another just gets someone to write crap songs and overproduce them, i think the first one is going to have better musical results, regardless of how popular it is. popularity has NOTHING to do with music quality

If people enjoy listening to it as much as your "quality" music then i don't see what difference it makes if it's been made on a computer. I listen to a lot of drum and bass and dance music and that is made exclusively on computer. Does that make it less quality than music made with let's say a harp?
Quote by l3p4rd
He's great, the only thing that's annoying is all the kids that wear marley shirts but heard like one song, if that.

Same with the stones, and zeppelin

thats cuz marley has almost become a symbol for somethin...
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

but who's to say who writes "crap songs"?
Your opinion will always be a factor.
Quote by rageagainst64
thats cuz marley has almost become a symbol for somethin...

Come on, besides from his weed smoking habits, he gave people a sense of FREEDOM.
all reggea sounds the same to me. same guitar, same drums, same bass, same lyrics about Zion and Jah and being pround of your roots.

i can't listen to it. i know people who 'love' Bob just because they think they should like reggea cause they smoke pot.
Quote by MeRcI-BuCkEtS
Evolve?

Evolve Festival 2007: Aug. 2nd, 3rd & 4th!!!
Evolve Festival 2008: July 25th, 26th & 27th!!!
Evolve Festival 2009: July 17th, 18th & 19th!!!
Sunflower Valley
Antigonish, Nova Scotia
www.evolvefestival.com
Quote by Greenie_777
If people enjoy listening to it as much as your "quality" music then i don't see what difference it makes if it's been made on a computer. I listen to a lot of drum and bass and dance music and that is made exclusively on computer. Does that make it less quality than music made with let's say a harp?

oh, yeah i listen to computer-generated stuff too. but im talking about the EFFORT put in, not the means of creation, or instruments used. some artists (Beck, Lupe Fiasco, Massive Attack, Zero 7) make amazing music by mixing and producing it on a computer. but some...just dont put in the time of day. i was simply using the computer thing as an example of lazyness. it was probly a bad choice to use.
Quote by monkeysintheday

Quote by stef123

Quote by djod.org
Come on, besides from his weed smoking habits, he gave people a sense of FREEDOM.

i hate the fact that kids wear his stuff for that reason too. but what can you do? (btw im wearing a marley shirt now, because i actually enjoy his music )
Quote by monkeysintheday

Quote by stef123

Quote by djod.org

I know! I feel so FREE! S Club 7 made me feel free, they broke up! STOP THE H8ING!
Quote by rageagainst64
oh, yeah i listen to computer-generated stuff too. but im talking about the EFFORT put in, not the means of creation, or instruments used. some artists (Beck, Lupe Fiasco, Massive Attack, Zero 7) make amazing music by mixing and producing it on a computer. but some...just dont put in the time of day. i was simply using the computer thing as an example of lazyness. it was probly a bad choice to use.

All music has to be written by someone. Even if the artist who sings it hasn't written it they still have to have a reasonable amount of talent to make people enjoy it.

I pretty much completely agree with you. Except i'm in ideal world mindset tonight.
Quote by Greenie_777
All music has to be written by someone. Even if the artist who sings it hasn't written it they still have to have a reasonable amount of talent to make people enjoy it.

I pretty much completely agree with you. Except i'm in ideal world mindset tonight.

nothin wrong with that
Quote by monkeysintheday

Quote by stef123

Quote by metaldud536
Dude some people don't like him. Get over it.

What's the reason?? He influenced musicians to so many different levels, not just musicians, but people in general. This guy sang about peace, fairness, and equality and how can no one like the message he is spreading?
Quote by Bubbles516
I find it really boring to be honest with you

ur doin it wrong

Seriously, Bob Marley is not supposed to be suspenseful and exciting music. You're supposed to chill out to it, that's the whole point. So I guess you could call it boring, but in a good way.
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Rolling Stone is to the music industry what TheOnion.com is to news.

Ambivalence.
Page 1 of 2