So GC sent me this nice little 25 dollar gift certificate, so I thought it would be a great time to add a wah pedal to my chain. I don't know much about wah so I was kinda looking for some advice as to which I should consider, keep in mind I'm probably going to go buy one in the next couple hours. I don't really want one that's going to go overboard, I'm looking for something to accent some lead lines. I'm not big into the shred style but more melodic stuff mixed in with sweeps. It has to be able to handle a lot of gain b/c I do play in a metalcore band. I was thinking maybe something by Morley b/c of the design where you don't have to hit a pot to activate/deactivate. Any thoughts?
Search at www.musiciansfriend.com and 'The Ultimate Wah Thread'
But wah`s begin at $80, and some say the basic Dunlop Wah Pedal (GCB 95 isn`t it?)
is the best pedal ever, other say that it`s sucks major balls. so it`s your opinion.
My opinion: Don`t buy it. If you put wah in a lead solo liine then you can only hear in the background. Don`t expect that Metallica for 80 bucks.
you have try some out first. they're all pretty different and its mostly personall preference.
^ yea problem with that is, they have them all hooked up to 15 watt MGs so it could be deceiving, and I'm not about to roll my halfstack into GC just to try out wah pedals
Quote by MaXiMuse
Search at www.musiciansfriend.com and 'The Ultimate Wah Thread'
But wah`s begin at $80, and some say the basic Dunlop Wah Pedal (GCB 95 isn`t it?)
is the best pedal ever, other say that it`s sucks major balls. so it`s your opinion.
My opinion: Don`t buy it. If you put wah in a lead solo liine then you can only hear in the background. Don`t expect that Metallica for 80 bucks.

I was thinking more in the 120-140 range...but that Metallica sound isn't what I'm looking for, that's basically what I meant by overboard.
I think a Bad Horsie wah would be good. IIts Steve Vai's sig wah, so it should be able to handle plenty of gain. You might also wanna consider a Crybaby from Hell, which has a bigger sweep than most wahs and also can handle distorion well. I think its used on the Ten Speed solo by Coheed and Cambria, im pretty sure thats what he has.
Quote by zhunt1130
^ yea problem with that is, they have them all hooked up to 15 watt MGs so it could be deceiving, and I'm not about to roll my halfstack into GC just to try out wah pedals

ha that sucks. the shops around me just let you try out whatever guitar/amp/pedal combo you want.

well i've heard lots of good stuff about the bad horsie if thats what you're looking at
The 535q is very tweakable and versatile. You can adjust the sharpness of the wah, the pitch range it travels through, and the size of a switchable OD/volume boost. It is vocal enough for clean stuff, yet can handle the high gain.
Quote by MaXiMuse
Don`t expect that Metallica for 80 bucks.

You are aware that Kirk uses a Dunlop Crybaby Classic in the studio, right? $100 for that "Metallica wah" tone.
i hear the Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Multi-Wah Pedal (used by Satriani, just to name one of the users) is pretty good.

it's a very versatile wah. you can go from broad and subtle to short and snappy. unfortunately, the sound clips on MF don't do it justice.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Oct 7, 2008,
I ended up picking up the Bad Horsey 2, I'm having a lot of fun with it so far...thanks for the suggestions