so yeah for my overdrive i use a OCD at full volume w a little bit of gain being pushed by another od pedal set at volume 10 gain 0...after the ocd i have a little big muff...to use the muff i turn off the other od and turn on the muff...the problem is that my volume decreases drastically, a lot...where is the problem here?...thank you
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
turn the muff's level up?

or a dead battery

or possibly even a blown component

have you tried it on its own?
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
volume on LBM is on full...i run it on adaptor...on its own its still not at the level it should be
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Turn down the volume on your OCD and turn up your amp's volume, for some reason this seems to work with my Big Muff.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
agreed with lbj, i have the same set up and you just have to play around with volume settings of OD, muff, and amp, to find where the sound evens out
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
yeah ill have to do that...what sucks is that i love how my overdrive sound sounds and moving anything would change it since im using the OCD mostly as a clean boost
Quote by forsaknazrael
It's a perceived volume change, I think. BMP's have an inherent mid-scoop in their tone control, which can make the volume seem like its dropped.

nah id notice that...it drops a lot....like...a lot
You can get rid of the mid scoop by changing the caps in the tone circuit or can disable it altogether. AMZs site has an article on this. Some pedals just have more volume that others. I have a fuzz pedal that when the volume is set at 9 oclock is way louder than another pedal when set at 3 oclock.
yeah i guess, and isnt the ocd known for its insane amount of volume?...hmm might as well sell the muff and get another fuzz with more volume and without the mid-scooped-ness
Put the OCD after the muff, gets rid of the scoop and makes the volume way more tweakable

Muff:
volume - wherever is suitable
tone - 12 o clock
gain - 1 o clock

OCD:
Volume - wherever is comfortable
tone - 1 o clock
gain - 9 o clock

trust me it sounds amazing
you mean guitar->muff->ocd or guitar->ocd->muff?

because right now i have it as guitar->ocd-> muff
Guitar > muff > OCD > amp

play around with mid gain on the muff and low gain on the OCD

it sounds great
hmm really?...wouldnt that...sound really bad?...having the muff -> ocd?...wouldnt that somehow cancel out the muff?...wellll ill give it a tryy thanks
No it doesnt sound bad, it just makes (in effect) the muff boost the OCD instead of the other way round.

AFAIK David Gilmour boosted his muffs like that - to get rid of the shitty mid scoop.
Quote by ClementWave

AFAIK David Gilmour boosted his muffs like that - to get rid of the shitty mid scoop.

buuut you said id be boosting the OCD w the muff not the other way around...im confused noww
Quote by Otsugua713
buuut you said id be boosting the OCD w the muff not the other way around...im confused noww

Well i was just using it as an example... he boosts the muff but with the boost AFTER the muff NOT BEFORE (just like i do as well)

Sorry for the confusion.
oh alrightt yeah ive tried that before but it sounded bad so i didnt bother trying to **** around w the knobs...ill give a try again...thank youuu