does everyone knows about my hard-oncomplete adoration for Grizzly Bear related things? no, well you do now and this is another one that falls into that category.

so, the 2nd full length came out today and christ, is it gorgeous. probably AOTY material.

listen to it: http://www.myspace.com/deptofeagles

oh, and p4k gave it Best New Music, something that doesn't mean much because they gave that to Vivian Girls last week...
Weren't they on Conan a few days ago? I saw their performance on youtube, seemed pretty decent.
i don't think they were on Conan, they just played their first live show the other day in NYC.
Got a 7" from them a couple of years ago, seem to remember it wasn't bad for the price (one of those 99p jobs) but it didn't steal the spot on the record player for too long.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
i was wrong. it has been known to happen.

listened to the album 3 times yesterday, maybe calling it AOTY material was a bit of an overstatement, but hey...whatever encourages people to check them out.
I've written a tabs of the song Phantom Other, from In Ear Park. I think its a really great song, so now its down Ultimate-guitar, and actually, the tabs sound nice even if its a prettry complicated song. Enjoy!

Fred
i just took a look at your tab and it looks nice, i'll get around to playing it soon.

anyone planning on trying to see them on the upcoming tour?
January 15- Chicago, IL - Schubas Tomorrow Never Knows Festival 2009
January 16- Columbus, OH - Wexner Center
January 17- Philadelphia, PA - Johnny Brenda's
January 18- Boston, MA - The Brattle Theatre
January 19- New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom