I am currently looking into buying either a 30W Peavy Vypyr , a Roland Cube 60 or a Vox Valvetronix.
My comfortable price range is 100-150 pounds (200 absolute max).
My styles of music are Classic rock and instrumental rock (Joe Satriani in particular).
I chose modeling amplifiers for versatility, but I'm not married to them.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Quote by osXtiger
I am currently looking into buying either a 30W Peavy Vypyr , a Roland Cube 60 or a Vox Valvetronix.

This really boils down to a try them all with your guitar and see what you think. I could make a good case for all of them. They are all good modeling amps.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
+1

hard call really. The Vypyrs seem to have some construction issues being that they are new to the market like most other lower end amps but they offer more modern presets and have some other nice features.

The Cubes are more tried and true and very solidly built.

The Valvetronix, like a lot of amps in this category, are love/hate. I think they are built pretty well but some claim the effects are kind of meh.

so yeah, to Gregs point, go play these if you can and figure out which you like best.
Vypyrs sound good, but they're cheap so I'd wait and see how they are quality wise before biting on one.
I have a Peavey Vypyr 30 and so far I havn't had any problems, but some people have gotten bad ones. I really like mine though. It sounds alot better than I thought it would. I've never played the Vox or Roland so I can't say good or bad on them. Try them all and decide which one suits you best.
Wait for the new Valvetronix to come out.
Alright, thanks for the help guys.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
hey, I tried the cube 30x(same as in sound quality as the 60) and it sounds really killer.It's built like a brick and it's very versatile.good luck finding your new amp!
Marshall 50 Watt Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960AV
Fender Custom Shop Strat
Ibanez Prestige RG3120
Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster
Strymon Mobius
TC Polytune
TC Flashback
Mad Professor LGW
Fulltone OCD
JOYO Vintage OD
Behringer EQ700