I'm considering going out and buying all the pedals singular that I want, but also considering a line6 x3 live. I have a randall rg100g3. Does anyone have one? what does it sound like? Is it way more quality buying effects pedals on their own?
Member of the Laney Cult
of course the quality will be better with individual pedals
if you have the money, get them on their own
multi fx are mostly computerised i believe
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
effects pedals on their own if you get good ones can always sound better than multi-effect units

however oftentimes you have to spend loads to get it
plus effects like delays reverbs and Modulation effects usually sound just as good as on single pedals so take that into consideration
My Gear:
Epiphone LP-100 Lefty Heritage Cherry Sunburst
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Line 6 Spider III 15W Amp
Korg AX3000G Multi-Effect Processor
i dont have the same gear as you but what i do know is that multi fx are not as good as singular pedals. ya you save money but the effects are not as good as the singular pedals. buy singular pedals. it will cost you more but you will be satisfied.
I prefer effects pedals on their own because it is more convenient for me with the colour coded pedals and all. I also like the sound better and the fact that you can alter the order that they are plugged in which can really make or brake your sound. Not sure about your amp though. I'm sure that there are demos online.

I would recommend a Boss DS-1 for distortion, not DS-2, just because it does everuthing. I find that the best wah for me is the Bad Horsey wah from morley. My flanger pedal is an mxr flanger pedal and I really like it. My delay is also a boss pedal.

Just my thoughts. Cheers.
better to get single pedals. imagine this scenario:
you're at a big gig, you get five second into your first set, and your multi FX goes down. what do you do? basically, you're f*cked. with individual pedals, say you have a distortion, wah, chorus delay, phaser and a flanger. if one of those goes down, no big deal. a song may not have the exact tone, but you can live through a set. with a multi FX unit, you have none of your effects if it goes down.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I think you should get the pedals, because it is true that most fx boards don't sound as good, but the single pedals are more expensive, just go the extra mile on this one.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Quote by Jhachey22
better to get single pedals. imagine this scenario:
you're at a big gig, you get five second into your first set, and your multi FX goes down. what do you do? basically, you're f*cked. with individual pedals, say you have a distortion, wah, chorus delay, phaser and a flanger. if one of those goes down, no big deal. a song may not have the exact tone, but you can live through a set. with a multi FX unit, you have none of your effects if it goes down.

in most rock (punk, metal, grunge, emo, hard rock, alt, etc..) bands if your distortion pedal breaks, you're ****ed...Yeah...I know amps have distortion but if not all your songs have distortion... Trust me I know, 1 time my pedal had horrible feedback for some unknown reason, and then the next gig I played it broke on me...sucked for my prog-punk & grunge songs.