I have an Ibanez RG520 coming my way in a week or so and the pickups are coming out. Originally the JB and Jazz are going to the replacements, but I found the Custom (bridge) and 59 (neck) on Denver craigslist for pretty cheap.

I wonder if anybody have those in their guitar and how do they like it and if there any guitar right now at GC loaded with them so I can try it out.
Quote by Paroxysm
I have an Ibanez RG520 coming my way in a week or so and the pickups are coming out. Originally the JB and Jazz are going to the replacements, but I found the Custom (bridge) and 59 (neck) on Denver craigslist for pretty cheap.

I wonder if anybody have those in their guitar and how do they like it and if there any guitar right now at GC loaded with them so I can try it out.

Personally I think they're a better set of pickups anyway.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by HighPotency
Maybe a jackson with them? Ask someone at GC when you go.

I do that. Checked Jackson's website and they do have 59s neck on their American models though I'm not sure if the GC near me have the mahogany body soloist.

(To Seagull): Sounds like you tried them. What make them better exactly?
they're both supposed to be really good. I love the 59 from Duncan, and love the JB, but the Custom's supposed to be a bit thicker sounding and overall nicer from what I hear.
I put the '59 in the neck position. At first I didn't like it (it was a little muddy), but it was primarily the amp I was using (MG 10 - don't laugh ). Plus I'm a bedroom player and never had the opportunity to play at a loud volume.

However, when I use headphones and crank the volume, it sounds tremendous. If you can get one cheap, then go for it.
Quote by Paroxysm
I do that. Checked Jackson's website and they do have 59s neck on their American models though I'm not sure if the GC near me have the mahogany body soloist.

(To Seagull): Sounds like you tried them. What make them better exactly?

Custom is less trebly and more even toned than the JB....crunchier too. The 59 is just a good PAF type pickup, does nice vintage and lower gain and sounds good clean.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i've tried the 59 and it was the best sounding pickup.
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
They are a step up, very nice classic rock, blues, jazz pups. Great quality, congrats.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by steven seagull
Personally I think they're a better set of pickups anyway.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Duncan '59 is a guaranteed win on the neck, there's a reason it's world renowned.