Well I've been looking to upgrade my guitar for a while from my beginner Les Paul Special II.

I'm looking something $500-$700 CDN range, a versatile guitar since i like to play anything from blues to thrash metal. I'm not too worried on the pickups since I will be probably upgrading them. I also prefer it to not have a trem because I have heard they are a hassle to take care of and I also like to change tunings a lot. I'd prefer something in a superstrat shape, but it doesn't have to be.

And I'm gonna be going to some local stores this weekend, so I will be trying out whatever you guys recommend and anything else that catches my eye then.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom?
or an Agile Al-3000/3100 if you can

also, what's the rest of your rig look like?
Quote by TankMonkey
Well I've been looking to upgrade my guitar for a while from my beginner Les Paul Special II.

I'm looking something $500-$700 CDN range, a versatile guitar since i like to play anything from blues to thrash metal. I'm not too worried on the pickups since I will be probably upgrading them. I also prefer it to not have a trem because I have heard they are a hassle to take care of and I also like to change tunings a lot. I'd prefer something in a superstrat shape, but it doesn't have to be.

And I'm gonna be going to some local stores this weekend, so I will be trying out whatever you guys recommend and anything else that catches my eye then.

epiphone les paul
gibson sg (or epiphone?)
fender fat strat
JACKSON!
Schecter C-1+, nuff said.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Quote by Who-Killed-Joy

JACKSON!

the import jacksons are actually awesome value for that price range, i'd definitely look into one. they have fixed bridge models.

what tunings do you like to use? i play drop d and drop db on my floyd all the time
'57 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom, Jackson Soloist SL2H
Marshall MF350
Cry Baby, Carbon Copy, Phase 90

Quote by strat0blaster
I remember this one time - Jesus played Eruption on a lute with strings made from the hair of 23 virgins.

It was pretty hardcore.
Quote by guitarmaniac88
Schecter C-1+, nuff said.

not a fan of schecters. i've played 4 or 5 different models now and while i do agree the c1+ is the best of the models i've played (i've yet to try a blackjack) i have to say that none of them feel very comfortable to me. the necks somehow just feel off, like they're too wide but not flat enough for how wide they are or something. i just can't place it
'57 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom, Jackson Soloist SL2H
Marshall MF350
Cry Baby, Carbon Copy, Phase 90

Quote by strat0blaster
I remember this one time - Jesus played Eruption on a lute with strings made from the hair of 23 virgins.

It was pretty hardcore.
I've looked at the C-1 Plus and it looks like an awesome guitar. The only problem is the only schecter dealer in my area has it priced at $849 and with tax comes to almost a thousand, so it's not exactly in my price range.