Ok, I have a research paper that has to be 3-5 pages that I have to write for school. I have to pick a topic by friday. What I have to do is either prove or disprove something. I want to do something guitar related but I dont know what I would be able to write about. can you guys suggest some topics?
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
You should do your project on 'What is the exact frequency needed to make a woman orgasm?'

Of course, you'll require extensive scientific testing, but I'm sure you can handle it.
You dont know what to do for your senior project either Im in the same boat except the county where I live said it had to be an arguementative paper so all the ideas are gone already haha prove that all good rockstars die by vomiting in their sleep and choking to death
Quote by SmarterChild
You should do your project on 'What is the exact frequency needed to make a woman orgasm?'

Of course, you'll require extensive scientific testing, but I'm sure you can handle it.

Hmm... I can even make a video presentation to go along with it.
Quote by ~Shred Hero~
Hmm... I can even make a video presentation to go along with it.

Or you could get some extra credit and do a live demonstration.
Why do people always try to write about guitar/music even when it's completely irrelevant? Pick a topic that matters. You'll save yourself a lot of trouble and maybe even learn something worthwhile.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
For a sort of serious topic you could test if you can actually play guitar until your fingers bleed.

So set up the experiment and log how much you play and see if in the end your fingers bleed.

Easy way of doing it.
I'm actually doing a math paper on guitar right now. We just have to somehow incorporate something math related into our every day life and write about it. Naturally, I chose to write on guitar. Mine is the same length requirement and I'm thinking I can probably fill most of that solely on harmonics. Look into them you can talk about how they're created, (dividing the string in halves, fourths ect.) and also go into the fact that the sound wave of a harmonic is a sine wave.
Quote by therealtater
You dont know what to do for your senior project either Im in the same boat except the county where I live said it had to be an arguementative paper so all the ideas are gone already haha prove that all good rockstars die by vomiting in their sleep and choking to death

You forgot aircraft accidents.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
^^^ win.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Why do people always try to write about guitar/music even when it's completely irrelevant? Pick a topic that matters. You'll save yourself a lot of trouble and maybe even learn something worthwhile.

Because Im tired of writing about relevant things... because if you think about, depending on the perspective, nothing is truely relevant.
Quote by Xiaoxi

I do it a lot when I'm given the freedom to pick a topic. Unfortunately the U.S. education system likes to blend literature and composition into one thing, so that isn't very often - instead I'm left pulling my hair out and wanting to strangle Holden Caulfield as I try to bind together enough bullshit to satisfy my demon lit. teacher. I find it much easier to do these assignments when it's something that interests me. Being a geek, it's not really surprising my topics frequently revolve around cars and guitars and such.

Hypothetical topic:

Do pickup covers affect tone/output/whatever? If so, how much, and in what ways?
Last edited by Flying Couch at Oct 7, 2008,
Quote by lockedandlogan
I'm actually doing a math paper on guitar right now. We just have to somehow incorporate something math related into our every day life and write about it. Naturally, I chose to write on guitar. Mine is the same length requirement and I'm thinking I can probably fill most of that solely on harmonics. Look into them you can talk about how they're created, (dividing the string in halves, fourths ect.) and also go into the fact that the sound wave of a harmonic is a sine wave.

Thats not really proving or disproving anything
Quote by Flying Couch
I do it a lot when I'm given the freedom to pick a topic. Unfortunately the U.S. education system likes to blend literature and composition into one thing, so that isn't very often - instead I'm left pulling my hair out and wanting to strangle Holden Caulfield as I try to bind together enough bullshit to satisfy my demon lit. teacher. I find it much easier to do these assignments when it's something that interests me. Being a geek, it's not really surprising my topics frequently revolve around cars and guitars and such.

Well, actually I like the system of lit and comp as one task. I don't like all the books I have to read. Hell, some of them I didn't even read all the way through. But it helps develop a skill. It also leads you to discover the literature techniques used by the authors. A good book should never be about the story. I think whether or not a reader can identify with a character is irrelevant. It's really about analyzing and breaking down how the authors achieve the effects in the book.

Sure, you can write about what you like and know, but that's nothing new or challenging.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana