I need help deciding on new pickups because my local music store is having a giant sale thursday

I play an Ibanez IC400 with the stock pickups and I want something a little better.
I play every genre of music but usually stick around Blues and Rock (Led Zeppelin to Primus).

What should I get ? (I was looking at the Dimarzio Evolutions or Seymour duncan Sh-1 and pearly gate pickups)

Any suggestions?
custom 5/jazz? (i could be wrong with the custom 5)

evo's are way off of what you play
btw, what's your current rig look like, just out of question?
Quote by Head BANGER 81
EMG's kick ass

I love EMG's, but I wouldn't get them for blues and rock. They are really for metal.
Steve Vai uses the Dimarzio Evolutions, they sound very nice, but I've never heard them through a valve amp (aside from his Royal Vai-ness's Recordings).
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
I have a pretty odd rig because like half the stuff i bought when I was too inexperinced and had too much money
but

The Iceman, Fender White Lightning Hot Rod Deluxe,
for effects i use Fulltone OCD, Digitech Dd-6, Korg Pitchblack and RC-2 Boss Loopstation.
Quote by Soad_Soda
I need help deciding on new pickups because my local music store is having a giant sale thursday

I play an Ibanez IC400 with the stock pickups and I want something a little better.
I play every genre of music but usually stick around Blues and Rock (Led Zeppelin to Primus).

What should I get ? (I was looking at the Dimarzio Evolutions or Seymour duncan Sh-1 and pearly gate pickups)

Any suggestions?

Not evos, not in a million years...Duncan Custom 5 bridge, 59 neck if you can get em.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
well i am gonna "half "agree with the bird,..even thou the coward poked sticks at me when i was in UG prison!!

dont get the evolutions!!

i havent found a situation that a drop sonic wont cover yet!!....the thing that sucks about pick ups is ya cant try them out..even if you try another guitar that has the pick up your interested in,...they are so sensitive to the wood and particular guitar there in!!

good luck
Quote by Head BANGER 81
EMG's kick ass

not for blues and rock, which is what the ts said he mostly plays
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
EMG's dont really kick ass for anything. I'd recommend Seymour Duncan's an SH 2 Jazz i think it is for the neck, and maybe an sh4 for the bridge (hope i got it the right way around)

I have had a bit of experience with both seymour duncans and EMG's and i much prefer the seymour duncans personally
RG's & Mesa's
SD 59 in the neck and a JB in the bridge, the classic JB/59 combo, you can't lose with that
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Dimarzio Norton
Dimarzio PAF Pro
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
DiMarzio Tone Zone bridge, Air Zone in neck.

Seymour Duncan's JB/'59 had been standards for years.

I personally suggest the P-Rails, very versatile, especially if you have the two push-pull pots for all 4 sounds in both humbuckers.