My amp right now i want to play like songs going from clean to distorted--- but my amp is is only one channel so im forced to use my amp's clean and my pedals distortion---- but my pedals distortion isn't as good as my amp cranked.... so is there a pedal that will let me have cranked amp OD and when i step on a pedal it becomes quieter and clean....
I doubt it. It's alot harder to make a signal clean than it is to distort it...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Nah i don't think there's such a thing out there man.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
What kind of amp do you have?
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
you can try turning down your guitar's volume knob at clean parts. Might not sound as pristine as an actual clean channel, but its something.[
Try rolling your volume down on the guitar for a clean sound. If you don't like doing that then maybe use a volume pedal, or an eq pedal that has a volume slider and set the slider low. Reducing the output going into the front of the amp should clean it up and give you a clean sound. Start with your guitars volume knob and work from there.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
volume knob or a compressor set way quiet
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
umm i have a me-20 sound effects pedal it has a really good OD sound and your can get anything from a bluesy sound to ****in brutal and you can just have a really good clean sound on it too
so you could probably use your OD sound on your amp and use the clean sound on the pedal maybe im not sure though
but it has like everything you could want reverb, phaser and amazing clean and OD sound
check it out you might like it
Aren't there guitar processors that can do that? You could try looking for a processor, since I haven't heard of any pedal that can turn a distorted signal clean.
*A list of all my gear*

Varg/J Mascis/GG Allin are all the same person.

There are two types of people in this world: people who like Bolt Thrower, and people who suck.

Death by diamonds and pearls.
Not the way you want it to work, no. Something going into your amp can't clean it up.
There should be!

No, I don't think they have that. I don't even know if it's electronically possible. Even if it is, it's probably way complicated and would be expensive.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
dosent boss make like an acoustic emulator(?) pedal? i think that might work
Well, Jesus Christ, I'm not scared to die,

I'm a little bit scared of what comes after

Do I get the gold chariot?

Do I float through the ceiling?
You could get an overdrive preamp like an Ibanez tube screamer. Use it to push your amp into clipping, cut it off to go back to clean/quiet.

A similar effect can be had by backing off of the volume knob, but many people don't like to do this as many guitars' pots will affect their tone.
Nope, no sig here.
use a master switch to control your effects and engage it when you want less volume??

maybe try a volume pedal?
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Quote by malashea_GTRST
dosent boss make like an acoustic emulator(?) pedal? i think that might work

I don't think that would work, that makes a clean signal sound like a acoustic.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
divided by 13, joyride is a great clean sound pedal. it has treble bass middle and gain to tweak your clean sound.
an active volume pedal maybe, but that won't work if you have you amp on a high gain setting.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
these 'clean' pedals aren't going to work if the amp is already distorted guys!

what you should do is get an overdrive pedal. set your amp up so its as clean as you can get it while your guitar is at 50% volume.

then when you need high gain, stomp the overdrive and increase the volume on your guitar.

thats how they did it in the 70's
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.