Well, one of my friend's brother dropped my DS-1 on the ground the other day, and now it won't turn on. And when I leave it plugged in to the effects chain, no sound gets to the amp. I've tried everthing from changing the battery (even though I use a power supply) to changing cords, but nothing works. And if it helps, he was holding the cord plugged into it and it fell.
"The Soup Nazi of the Seinfeld Avatar Club-PM IHATECHILDREN to join"

Member of the SG Commandos
I don't know if it's worth fixing. If you think it is, send it to Robert Keeley Electronics and have them fix it and mod it.
I was thinking of getting a modded DS-1 from him anyway. I think I'll still get it looked at because I don't have a lot of money to spend on pedals.
"The Soup Nazi of the Seinfeld Avatar Club-PM IHATECHILDREN to join"

Member of the SG Commandos
if you don't end up doing anything with it, i'll buy it off you..

It's hard to diagnose a problem like that on the internet, but I'd assume that theres a break in a wire or broken connection somewhere in it.
since it's not working when on or bypassed, I'd guess it's either something to do with the power supply or bypass wiring.
Not often do you hear of a broken Boss pedal. So Im thinking a wire came loose or the jack mightve broken, so nothing major. Id definately get it modded tho, itll be tons better than when you had it stock.
kinda a no brianer but have you even opened the pedal to see if all the wires are connected?
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial