Page 1 of 2
Anyone in MT play instruments other than guitar?
I play keyboard and cello aswell. I'm actually a better keyboardist than guitarist
(I play DT stuff on Keyboard), although I prefer playing guitar, mainly because of the awesome online guitar community. I prefer playing keyboard in a band situation though. Cello is awesome too.
I play guitar bass drums and madolin.
Guitar's probably my best one as I've been playing it the longest.
I enjoy playing them all lots though.
Yea, I am too. I play drums and keys as well as guitar, and I love transcribing music for one instrument onto another. I'll arrange something like "Warning" or "Mexico" by Incubus and put it on the piano, or, more recently, I've put "She's Leaving Home" onto guitar, a chord melody type thing. It's definitely an asset to one's overall musicianship.
Quote by TimboSlice
Yea, I am too. I play drums and keys as well as guitar, and I love transcribing music for one instrument onto another. I'll arrange something like "Warning" or "Mexico" by Incubus and put it on the piano, or, more recently, I've put "She's Leaving Home" onto guitar, a chord melody type thing. It's definitely an asset to one's overall musicianship.

You mind sending me PM of Warning if you have it tabbed out in Guitar Pro or something like that? I'd really like to try to play that on piano.

I play two instruments, piano and guitar. Then I have a few of those small instruments that I play occasionally like bongos or the harmonica.
I play guitar, bass and piano. Play guitar the most though.
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12
Sorry, I used "transcribe" pretty liberally. What I meant was that I make a working chord structure based on the original melody. As far as actually writing out music goes I'm damn near hopeless. If I get some time in the next couple days I'll make a quick video and send it to you.
Quote by TimboSlice
Sorry, I used "transcribe" pretty liberally. What I meant was that I make a working chord structure based on the original melody. As far as actually writing out music goes I'm damn near hopeless. If I get some time in the next couple days I'll make a quick video and send it to you.

Thanks man.
guitar, vox, bass, and i like to think i can keep a beat on drums and percussion
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
guitar, string bass, bass guitar, violin, piano, drums, cello, viola, recorder, cowbell (!)
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
Thats cool man, but ill be honest with you when i say this isnt the greatest guitar community. Its filled which assinine 15 year olds with nothing better to do. That being said it also has people that are hella chill.
rl]
i play guitar drums bass and trombone...odd combo lol

gear:
line 6 spider valve 212
ibanez RG5EX1
vinci VE5PK
i play guitar and bass pretty decent. keyboard so-so, drums not so good (i can hold a steady basic beat, thats about it) and i can sing/scream anywhere from awesome to not very good depending on my enviroment.

i always wanted to try violin, cello, banjo and mandolin. i think mandolin and banjo i could pick up pretty quickly (i know i could, i've played them before) but violin and cello i'd need lessons.
Quote by StealthyHayze
Thats cool man, but ill be honest with you when i say this isnt the greatest guitar community. Its filled which assinine 15 year olds with nothing better to do. That being said it also has people that are hella chill.

I think MT and it's subforums are pretty good in general, The Pit is a bit of a disaster area if you ask me, I only go in it for 'Teh LulZ'
I play guitar and piano.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
I play guitar and lap steel mostly. I played cello and bass in school alot, and i also really like to play hand drums, drumset, keys, and sing some.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
I play drums and bass as well, to a fairly poor standard. Just well enough to teach someone for their first 10 weeks of either instrument.

I have played : Recorder, Tuba, Keyboards, Piano, Timpani, Laptop.

Tuba especially makes me lol now. I was a tiny skinny kid and I could barely move the thing. I would almost pass out trying to get some of those notes and just gave it up.

How different my youtube would be if I hadn't given it up, eh?
Lol, how about Ultimate-Tuba.com?
I play bass too, and I also play drums, but I'm like you Freepower, although I could probably only teach the first 5 weeks!
I sing and play guitar, drums, and a bit on bass, trumpet, and keys. The rhythmic ear training from drum lessons is a huge help on guitar and in writing.
Piano is my main other instrument. I also dabble in singing, harmonica and drums, but Guitar and piano are the main ones.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Quote by godisasniper
I sing and play guitar, drums, and a bit on bass, trumpet, and keys. The rhythmic ear training from drum lessons is a huge help on guitar and in writing.

Funny how many, many of my favorite guitarists started on drums. Coincidence? Doubt it!

Well, I play flute and guitar, mostly, though flute is getting a bit rusty these days. Also dabbled at recorder (first instrument as a child), bass, keyboards, drums (ok, midi drum pads), bongos, and various percussion bits. Including cowbell <insert needs more cowbell reference here>. But only ones I could ever say I got "good" at would be guitar and flute.
i play piano bass harmonica melodica recorder i sing. i can keep a beat on drums. i mess around with software. i used to play violin.
I sing in a classical style choir, in a barbershop chorus and quartet (all on bass - I can sing down to a D below the bass clef), I play in a concert band, a jazz band, a symphony orchestra, I used to play in a local classical guitar ensemble. I've played in a musical orchestra before (Oliver!).

So basically I sing a bit, play trombone and play guitar (classical and electric, I stay away from bass because it ruins my classical nails - I'm not gay I swear)

Quote by juancsego
i play guitar drums bass and trombone...odd combo lol

+1
i play guitar, piano/keyboards, violin, bass, saxophone...thats about it
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon
Quote by z4twenny
i play guitar and bass pretty decent. keyboard so-so, drums not so good (i can hold a steady basic beat, thats about it) and i can sing/scream anywhere from awesome to not very good depending on my enviroment.

i always wanted to try violin, cello, banjo and mandolin. i think mandolin and banjo i could pick up pretty quickly (i know i could, i've played them before) but violin and cello i'd need lessons.

Yeah you should definitly try the violin, but it's alot harder than guitar or bass, there are a lot of intrices (I can't spell ) difficulties of it so teachers help a lot.
I play the violin and guitar. I'm definitly better at violin cause I've been playing it for longer. I think violin might have helped me with guitar, because my teacher says I'm pretty advanced for a begineer. I don't know would another instrument help you learn a new one?
Quote by Myung-trucci
I prefer cello to violin, cello is such a beautiful instrument

cello is pretty yes
Quote by me_llamo_juan
Yes. I play the keys and saxophone, as well as the cowbell.

I got a fever.
And the only prescription...
is more cowbell.
Si
I play guitar, ukulele(yeah, pretty damn close to guitar I know), bass(upright too), piano, tenor sax(I mostly suck), and harmonica(of the diatonic variety, though I play it chromatically). I am primarily a jazz player these days and there's videos on my profile. /shameless plug
Guitar, alto sax, blues harp(harmonica ), but i mainly play blues and jazz, guitar by far the best.
Feelin the Blues

"The Blues are a simple music and I'm a simple man. But the Blues aren't a science, the Blues can't be broken down like a mathematics. The Blues are a mystery, and mysteries are never as simple as they look" - BB King
Guitar - 10 years
Piano - 15 years
Bass - 9 years
Drums - 3 years
Flute - 5 years

Im a rubbish singer, but i do it regardless.

I dont particularly excell at any instrument despite my years.
Thats what you get if you dont practice much.
Last edited by DeadlySIN at Feb 10, 2011,
The Triangle.

Seriously though, just the guitar. I'd luv to learn the piano (Billy Preston, Jools Holland style), and alto sax.
I play guitar, bass, piano, sing and can play little bit of crappy drums.
I'm also a half-decent producer.

But i'm shite at everything i do so i won't call myself a multi-instrumentalist yet.
i've played guitar for almost 5 years but i just taught myself some basics of drums and am gunna try harmonica for the hell of it
Page 1 of 2