Hey!
I'm in the market for a new amp and really need some advice and opinions. I'm starting to gig now so it's time to update my Line 6 Spider III.

So basically i want an Orange amp, I am in love with the sound of these things and I'm considering either the Tiny Terror, Rocker 30 or AD30TC. Ideally I want the Rockerverb 50, but I really don't need 50 watt of class a tube power.. By the way I will be accompanying either of these heads with the Orange PC112 cab.

I really like the Tiny Terror but I am concerned with its relative lack of features, and I've heard that you can't get a clean tone with the thing cranked without it breaking up. Also is 15 watt really enough to play with a band over drums? The Orange website say It's a really loud amp and to ignore the 15 watt rating, and hat it will give most 30 watters a good run for their money, but then again, they are selling the thing.. Even with the Rocker 30, you have basically no control over the clean channel, just a volume nob, plus none of these amps have reverb except the Rockerverb, but once again, I really don't need the 50 watts.

So yeah, if you guys can help me out I'll appreciate it, really need to make a decision soon.

I play a Les Paul custom w/ EHX Big Muff, Digitech Whammy. (Might need to invest in a reverb pedal too...! )

Thanks.
Chitarre:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
1969 Fender Competition Mustang Bass (Competition Red)
Amplificatore:
Orange Thunderverb 50 head
Orange PPC412

Effetti:
Fulltone OCD V 1.4
EHX Big Muff PI
EHX Small Clone
Boss TU-3
Don't worry about having too much wattage.

If the Rockerverb suits you well, then go for it.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
If you've got the money for a Rockerverb 50, we should spit some different recommendations at you. Or steal your wallet.
Quote by greyskyeyes
If you've got the money for a Rockerverb 50, we should spit some different recommendations at you. Or steal your wallet.

greyskyeyes, I'm always open to suggestions, just that I've test driven the Vox AC's, Marshall JCM's, and theirs just something bout that Orange tone I can't get over. And the way they respond to your guitar is incredible, they actually take a lot from the sound your guitar instead of completely changing it. Unlike my spider3...
Chitarre:
Amplificatore:
Orange PPC412

Effetti:
Fulltone OCD V 1.4
EHX Big Muff PI
EHX Small Clone
Boss TU-3
A RockerVerb is gonna set you back about $2400 bucks, and that's way past JCMs and ACs. That's boutique territory. Now, I love the Rocker 30, and that's about $1500 bucks.
you can nab a Rockerverb 50 off of ebay for like 12 - 15 hundred bucks used. I love how they sound, and should do what you want. I was originally gunna say "Don't you dare run a Metal Muff in front of an Orange!" but JD from The Sword does just that.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
you can nab a Rockerverb 50 off of ebay for like 12 - 15 hundred bucks used. I love how they sound, and should do what you want. I was originally gunna say "Don't you dare run a Metal Muff in front of an Orange!" but JD from The Sword does just that.

I will be running a big muff through it, but i was considering the metal muff aswell. Another thing thats making me think twice about these amps (other than the rockerverb) is the lack of control over the clean tone. The Rocker 30 clean channels has nothing but a vol pot. I wish Orange made a Rockerverb 30, that would be ideal. See thats my biggest problem, the rocker, ad and TT lack tone control, but the rockerverb 50 will blow the roof of my house, shatter the windows and deafen people. Actually com to think of it, that sounds pretty good...
Chitarre:
Amplificatore:
Orange PPC412

Effetti:
Fulltone OCD V 1.4
EHX Big Muff PI
EHX Small Clone
Boss TU-3
Quote by asr_larocca
the rockerverb 50 will blow the roof of my house, shatter the windows and deafen people.

Remind me why that's a problem?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
rockerverb 50 combo ftw(y)!
GEAR:
PRS CU22 10 top with #10
Gibson lp studio (fireburst)
MIA 06' fender strat sss

Orange rockerverb 50 c

morley rotating speaker '62
" pro wah
mxr flanger '73
line 6 dl4 x2, fm4, dm4
mi audio tube zone
love pedal karl fuzz
Quote by forsaknazrael
What kind of music do you play? What's your budget?
Orange amps are great, but are very expensive. At their price level, there are a lot of other amps you should consider.
The Tiny Terror itself is very expensive, for it offers.

White Stripes, obsessed with Jack's tone which is why i have all his pedals, Classic Rock- Led Zepp, GnR etc, Emo/punk- MCR etc and RARELY metal, hence me wanting and ehx metal muff. So yeah, pretty much everything! I need the nice clean too. I realise that their are other options for that price, but I love the orange tone. Iv'e tried the VOC AC's and Fender twin reverbs, and to my ears the Orange is superior, which all goes back to my original question, i need advice on WHICH orange amp..
Chitarre:
Amplificatore:
Orange PPC412

Effetti:
Fulltone OCD V 1.4
EHX Big Muff PI
EHX Small Clone
Boss TU-3
Quote by asr_larocca
White Stripes, obsessed with Jack's tone which is why i have all his pedals, Classic Rock- Led Zepp, GnR etc, Emo/punk- MCR etc and RARELY metal, hence me wanting and ehx metal muff. So yeah, pretty much everything! I need the nice clean too. I realise that their are other options for that price, but I love the orange tone. Iv'e tried the VOC AC's and Fender twin reverbs, and to my ears the Orange is superior, which all goes back to my original question, i need advice on WHICH orange amp..

But you aren't really addressing my question. Are you fully prepared to spend $2400 bucks on a Rockerverb 50? A Vox AC is only $1200....there's a huge difference. Even if you love the Orange sound, there are amps you need to try.
Quote by asr_larocca

Well, there's still even more than Vox, Marshall, Fender and Orange, you know.

In the states, for the price of an Orange, you're at the level of several boutique amp companies.