Okay I've got a few questions about them.

1: How heavier a gauge do I need to buy to get a wrapped G-String? Like the kinds found on acoustic guitars, I hate a wire g-string and I've been wanting heavier strings anyways, so I figured I'd aim for this weight. Or is there no gauge specified for a wrapped G? Do I just have to ask instore?

2: Is it okay to put heavy strings (Probably 55+) on a not so good guitar? My guitar isn't very high quality (Semi-crappy Def Leppard guitar I got cheap off of Ebay, its Lyon by Washburn I think), or will heavy strings hurt the guitar? It came with 9-45s on it, will I need to make some truss adjustments when/if I buy some heavy strings?

3: Will heavier strings give me a darker, heavier tone? And will they have a better sound when downtuned? I prefer to play one half to one whole step down in tuning, will these strings sound better tuned like that then a normal gauged set of strings? Also.

4: What are the main tonal differences from a set with a 55+ E-string and a set with a 45 E-string, are they any louder or crunchier sounding?

Thanks in advance for any answers I get.
Well I just went from 11's to 9's and i'll tell you what i've found so far:

11:
-I feel my rhythm parts had more of a kick but I didn't lose that much changing to 9s
-Not to easy to bend which I do a lot.
-Better for lower tunings, the lower you go the easier to bend.
-My amp tended to really pick up the low E a lot louder than the other strings. Now that I have 9s that went down significantly.

Generally overall a thicker warmer sound.

9:
-Much easier to bend, when playing lead it seemed much more cutting through but thinner in sound than the 11's, something im not to big about but I love the easier bending.
-Feel like noodles when you start to down tune because they are so thin. I play in standard or D so good for me.

Generally a thinner brighter sound

Now these are just my personal opinion of what I hear(or think I hear) in the differences. And of course the right adjustments with an amp can get you the sound you want no matter what strings you have.

Anyhow to your questions:

-I don't know of any electric strings that have a wrapped G string.
-I don't know anything about how much tension a guitar can take but I would imagine if you put on those thick 55's it would be less stressful and prolly better for the guitar to be in some type of drop tuning.
- A darker tone it won't really give you but it will give you a thicker tone or more full tone.
- As I said before it would be way easier to play thicker strings on a lower tuning than standards because the thicker strings would have more tension and would feel less like noodles on your guitar.
Okay, well a thicker tone would be nice, I play rhythm anyways, so I'm not so worried about tough bending and such, and I'm not worried about being able to solo quickly or do lead tricks or anything.

So the heavier strings gave you a fuller/thicker tone? That sounds good, my guitar sounds a bit too bright for my tastes right now, anyways, thanks for the advice and such. I'll probably collect some more opinions and experiences before I switch though.
Quote by MadAudioMan
Okay, well a thicker tone would be nice, I play rhythm anyways, so I'm not so worried about tough bending and such, and I'm not worried about being able to solo quickly or do lead tricks or anything.

So the heavier strings gave you a fuller/thicker tone? That sounds good, my guitar sounds a bit too bright for my tastes right now, anyways, thanks for the advice and such. I'll probably collect some more opinions and experiences before I switch though.

Something you might want to look into also is the diff brands/types of strings. Some people say diff ones give you brighter tones and others give you the exact opposite. So just ask around for that as well.
String companies have various gauges with a wound G string.
Just look on the pack and it will either have a "w" for wound or a "p" for plain next to the gauge size of the third string.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by MadAudioMan

Heavier strings generally have a fuller sound. More metal vibrating.

Personally, I would avoid a wound G. But if the majority of what you do is clean chords, a wound G would work. Though it's mostly about feel.

I find that thicker strings are generally less crunchy when played through an over driven amp.

My Starcaster Strat came with 9's and it currently has 12's on it.

It's mostly feel.
I use 11's

in regards to round wound G I know d'adario make them on several of their sets, probably not best for leads and solos but your not using it for that so maybe a good idea,

you will need to resetup your guitat, truss rod, action, intonation etc for it too work

Thicker strings will be muchhhh better for downtuing and will feel alot more like normal strings downtuned as opposed to a bit limp and floppy like you woudl get for 9's

in regards to tone i find 10's and 11's sound better than 9's espceially with chords, bigger richer sound,

hope this helps.
Thank you, as I stated I don't do alot of leads, so I'm fine with a thicker, hard to use G string, its mainly tone and fullness I'm looking for, and I played for about 12 months on an acoustic before I ever got an electric, so I just still love the wound G string, it feels right.
Any set of flatwound strings comes with a wound 3rd. Flatwounds are actually quite nice to use, and you can switch to a plain 3rd in some sets as well, or just use one from another set if you like to bend the 3rd.
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Swart STR Tweed
Quilter 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
I use ghs boomers heavy bottom mid tops. Its a great combo! Bottom starts at 52, but thins out to 10 on the top. Best of both worlds!
Quote by jarudy
You may have to adjust your truss rod btw going from 9s-11s. Maybe not.

Probably.
In my experience, anything 12s and above usually has a wound G and will have a w next to the g string gauge unless it's a special set, in which case it will have a p next to the g string gauge. 11s sometimes have wound G strings, again it will have a w if so.
I personally prefer the tone of a wound third, though apparently PRS recommends you don't use them on their wraparound bridge (hijack: if anybody can tell me why please PM me). It'll be harder to bend strings because the whole set will be thicker, but I don't bend much so that wasn't a big deal for me.