Can someone tell me some solos in Minor Pentatonic scales I would prefer key of A but that's okay I'll transpose the scale to A. I wanted to analyze how other guitarists moved from one part of the neck to the others and how they played box patterns and notes ascending do they go in reverse order or skip over some notes but play those skipped ones on further strings but in lower frets? Thanks, any help is appreciated.
umm i think black sabbath does some minor pentatonic solos. iron man and paranoid for example.
Check out anything by Zakk Wylde, do not get me wrong he is amazing but he seems to live in that zone
Iron Man solo is pentatonic minor in C sharp key.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Led Zeppelin- Stairway to Heaven, and I would suggest Joe Satriani- Down, Down, Down. . . it has a lot of awesome pentatonic licks.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
Quote by amd123
Can someone tell me some solos in Minor Pentatonic scales I would prefer key of A but that's okay I'll transpose the scale to A. I wanted to analyze how other guitarists moved from one part of the neck to the others and how they played box patterns and notes ascending do they go in reverse order or skip over some notes but play those skipped ones on further strings but in lower frets? Thanks, any help is appreciated.

That's just it - they don't do that.

Soloing isn't so much about the mechanics of what you do, it's simply about the sound you want...how you get that sound is incidental.

A decent guitarist never thinks "I will play this pattern, then this pattern, then move there and play this pattern". They think "I want this sound, then this sound, then this sound" - now there's probably a familiar run that gives them that sound, and it probably fits into a scale pattern, but they're thinking in terms of sound.

Take a step back from the physical actions and instead think about what it is you actually want to play first, then think about what it is you need to do on the guitar to create it. Analyze and learn solos by all means, but pay more attention to how things sound rather than how they're played. After all, you can play the same thing in several places and often it just comes down to personal preference.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com