I'm trying to fix the intonation on my guitar, and its more or less all fine, except for my high E string. At the twelfth fret, its a half step flat. No matter how I move the saddles forward, backward, even flipping them around, it does very little to affect the intonation. I do not believe I need to do anything with my truss rod, as the neck looks straight to me.

What can I do, short of spending $60 at Guitar Center?
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
how old are the strings? sometimes a bum string is really hard to intonate.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Strings are due for a changing, but the intonation has needed fixing for a while. Even when they were new strings, the high strings were a bit off (E string flat, B string sharp). It HAS gotten worse as the strings aged, but moving the saddles never really did much. Now that its gone from like a quarter tone off to a little over a half tone, its a pretty significant problem.

Is there something I can do with the Tune-o-Matic bridge to affect the intonation? It seems like the bridge can be moved up or down with it, or does that only affect the string height?
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
lol i have the same exact problem, and i say take it to your local music store, but idk if u have a local music store near you, but if you do, i would say take it there, save money(unless its a cheapo store), and i dont no about you, but im very friendly with the guys at my store, and they usually give me discounts and stuff. and since you dont know exactly what it is, they could probably help you.
Yeah, the stores around me are all kind of a ripoff. I got charged for a setup when I bought my other guitar, and it took me 2 weeks to get it done. They charged $50 for that, and then charged another $50 for a case.

However, I'm at college now, and all there is here is Guitar Center. They'll be $60 and the tech wont be in till thursday at 4pm.

I kind of wish I knew how to fix it on my own though, so I wouldnt always have to fork over the cash.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
you can check out earvana nuts.

but, unless theres an unfixable problem, with a good set of strings, the intonation should change when the saddles move.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011