a friend of mine told me of a little device (I assume runs through the affects loop) that acts as a post-volume control.

Meaning you can crank your amp way up to get that great tone, and the volume suppressor will lower the out coming noise you don't get your ears blown out..

I googled "Volume Suppressor" and got nothing, anybody know what I'm talking about?

(I have a 6505+ so it would be nice to have one
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by touji-za-nai
a friend of mine told me of a little device (I assume runs through the affects loop) that acts as a post-volume control.

Meaning you can crank your amp way up to get that great tone, and the volume suppressor will lower the out coming noise you don't get your ears blown out..

I googled "Volume Suppressor" and got nothing, anybody know what I'm talking about?

(I have a 6505+ so it would be nice to have one

It's a master volume, you don't need one. The only thing that will affect your tone less than the MV would be an attenuator. They are expensive.
yeah, you're talking about an attenuator. they go fer cheaper on eBay than what you'll find anywhere else. give it a look.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
yeah, you're talking about an attenuator. they go fer cheaper on eBay than what you'll find anywhere else. give it a look.

I'm finding the 16ohms model for $1!! how is that possible? It says it doesn't come with a power supply.. but from the looks of it, it looks like it doesn't even have any sort of power input.. just input and speaker jacks
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Because the starting bid is $1, meaning you need $1 to start bidding. By the time it is close to over it will be much more if people have bidded.
Quote by stringslinger6
Look for the Suck Knob on Ebay. They seem pretty popular.

That's what I was talking about. They suck, I've tried them.
Its not an attenuator. Its just as if you took a boss pedal or whatever, turned the effects basically off and messed with the "level" knob.
If you want the tone of a cranked tube amp without hearing damage. You need a smaller amp or an attenuator. The cheap little volume knob sold on ebay wont act like an attenuator. There is no "cheap" solution except less volume which is free.