Hey UGers

I'm having trouble with my Les Paul, when i switch to my neck pickup the sound becomes all broken up and "wobbly" or i get no sound out of it at all.
Any ideas? Could it be the selector switch, the pickups or a wiring problem? I tried using a different amp and other cables but it doesn't help.
The guitar is less than a year old BTW.

Mucho gracias
it could be a lot of things... have you checked for frayed or disconnected wires? Open the back panels up and take a look.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
usually the switch in this case.

you can blow compressed air into the switch, and check the wires are connected, like said.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
if u don't know much about wiring, i would take it to a shop
It's probably the wiring in the input jack.
you can fix it with a soldering iron.
I had the same problem restoring an old les paul copy. It was the switch. It was not connecting. U just have to bend the prongs. Or, if the problem still persists, get a new switch. And if that doesn't work, resodder the wires on the switch and pick up. Easy to do. just do one after the other to see what the problem is.
Quote by vanklef92
I had the same problem restoring an old les paul copy. It was the switch. It was not connecting. U just have to bend the prongs. Or, if the problem still persists, get a new switch. And if that doesn't work, resodder the wires on the switch and pick up. Easy to do. just do one after the other to see what the problem is.

i agree with vanklef,..if it only happens when switching between pick ups its your toggle switch,...take the round access plate off the back and check it out...if you have some extra wire around you can jump it out...or if you have a soldering iron fix it proper!

good luck
Quote by PedroLesPaulVM
The wiring all looks good, I'm no electrician but nothing looks frayed or disconnected.

then could be dirty or a bad switch, try the compressed air, a can is $4 at staples.

or swap out the switch. costs about $20 switch and soldering iron.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011