I was looking into subscribing to a guitar magazine, so what are some good ones? I've only heard of Guitar World, but I really don't know to much about it.
LARGE TEXT
I've only really read Guitar World and Guitar Player. Guitar World is the best I've read though and I buy it occasionally
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
Guitar World is good I have a subscription to it. I used to like guitar one but they don't make that anymore
UG's Prodigal Son
I prefer Guitar Player.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
guitar world...it 12 for a year..i bought 3 so far this year...30 bucks,i learned yesterday bout the price,next month im signing up..comes with a CD too...i like it
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Quote by Soul Power
I prefer Guitar Player.

Guitar Player Covers a lot buut doesn't go in much detail and their columns aren't great.
12 bucks*
Quote by nowa90
guitar world...it 12 for a year..i bought 3 so far this year...30 bucks,i learned yesterday bout the price,next month im signing up..comes with a CD too...i like it

You have to pay 25 for it with the cds and 12 or 15 without.
Get either Total Guitar or Guitar Techniques. They're the best ones.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
go to your local music shop and flip through the magazines there, and pick the one you like. there are usually subscription things in them
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
Guitar World is the best. It has the best price and best content for anyone looking for something to play or read. Guitar One is basically the same but they focus more on playing. Mags like Total Guitar are good but those are imported magazines so you'll be paying a buttload for subscriptions or about $12 an issue at Borders or Barnes & Noble. I don't like Guitar Player because it has mostly lame articles and only a few cool things to play every now and then.
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
Ya, guitar world with the cds is the best, without the cds...mehh
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
What is this "Total Guitar" I'm hearing about? I went to their site and they don't go into much detail.
LARGE TEXT
Guitar world has a lot of band info, interviews, and the columns are prety diverse for different styles. I found myself learning a riff/solo from one of their issues that isn't quite what I'm into but it was cool.
it says on my cd 69% off the store pice for 12 mags and 12 cds.
Quote by Holy.
What is this "Total Guitar" I'm hearing about? I went to their site and they don't go into much detail.

It's a U.K. based magazine. They come with cds and it's a pretty cool magazine but only a few issues (from what I've read) ever had anything fun to play. They have some cool columns but nothing you can't find in mags like GW. Expensive though, if you live outside of the U.K.
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by nowa90
it says on my cd 69% off the store pice for 12 mags and 12 cds.

IDK about that.
It may be an older issue.
Look online.
Alright, I think I'm going for Guitar World, it just seems more appealing, and I haven't heard anything negative about it in this thread yet.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by Warheart1188
Guitar World is the best. It has the best price and best content for anyone looking for something to play or read. Guitar One is basically the same but they focus more on playing. Mags like Total Guitar are good but those are imported magazines so you'll be paying a buttload for subscriptions or about $12 an issue at Borders or Barnes & Noble. I don't like Guitar Player because it has mostly lame articles and only a few cool things to play every now and then.

12 dollars a year compared to 144 a year
come on, give it up.
Quote by Holy.
Alright, I think I'm going for Guitar World, it just seems more appealing, and I haven't heard anything negative about it in this thread yet.

Good choice.
u fool its december 2008...ya thats way old it has hettfeild on the cover
Are you really into metal because thats seems to be the main focus of guitar world: covering new mateal bands and songs.
Quote by nowa90
u fool its december 2008...ya thats way old it has hettfeild on the cover

Like I said look online.
The offers in the magazine dont come with cds generaly i subscribed last year with one of the cards andf only got the magazine.
Quote by Zeldaik
Are you really into metal because thats seems to be the main focus of guitar world: covering new mateal bands and songs.

I didn't know that!

I like metal a little, but I'm not the type to subscribe to a magazine about it. I'll just check it out, since I ordered a free issue.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by Holy.
I didn't know that!

I like metal a little, but I'm not the type to subscribe to a magazine about it. I'll just check it out, since I ordered a free issue.

Don't listen to him. Most of the columns about techniques and riffs aren't for metal players. I have like 10 issues. It's diverse.