Right, so I was involved in a minor debate today over who were the top selling British artists of all time in England. It was left unresolved because nobody could find a list. The reason it needs to be in England only is because the disputed band was Oasis, who were not nearly as big in America as in England. If anybody could direct me to such a list that would be majorly helpful.
Quote by fosho
how....did you find that wiki article?
youre a weird one tjdjr09

The Beatles.

Edit: Best selling artist/group WORLDWIDE.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Last edited by CLIFF_BURTON at Oct 7, 2008,
Ya, I was just looking for an official list so that it would be legitimate to settle this debate. If no such list exists, that's alright.
Quote by fosho
how....did you find that wiki article?
youre a weird one tjdjr09

hmmm, led zeppelin or the beatles.......... beatles were more famous imo even to this day but led invented the stadium gig, selling out 60,000 people venues.
Cliff Richard has sold more singles that anyone (in the UK), The Beatles are the top selling band. But technically speaking, Elton John's Candle in the Wind sold 37million copies worldwide... so, take your pick.
You must be wrong, because if bands like the Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zep etc have been out-sold by ****ing Oasis i'm going to kill myself.
Quote by rich420
You must be wrong, because if bands like the Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zep etc have been out-sold by ****ing Oasis i'm going to kill myself.

whoa whoa, slow down. Oasis are a great band, not anywhere near the level of greatness that the bands you mentioned are at, but great nonetheless. I was just thinking oasis because they had one of the fastest selling debut albums