my list-
propellorhead REASON 4.0 (music production)
digidesign protools M-powered 7.4
toontracksuperior drummer 2.0
cakewalk sonar 7 (producer edition)
sony acid pro 6 (multitrack recording )
sonoma riffwors
fruityloops 8

-do i need anything else really?
I would get Sonar instead of Protools, unless you are already really good with protools.

I would also look and Soundforge for mastering. You also may want to look at alternatives to reason since it isn't directly compatible with any sort of plugins and he stuff it has iis kind of limited.

If you have sonar you don't need ACID or protools, since all three of them work as multi-track recordeds, also, you can't pirate pro-tools since you need the hardware that it comes with for it to work.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Oct 7, 2008,
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

also, you can't pirate pro-tools since you need the hardware that it comes with for it to work.

That's an advantage, yes?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by axemanchris
That's an advantage, yes?

CT

just brought it up, because with that guys software list he's obviously pirating, noone would drop that much money on software (all of that stuff would be at least $3k total) without knowing exactly what they wanted.

Last.fm
I know. That was my way of calling him on it too. Especially since he has many of them that do the same things.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Oh, Reason works wonders. Amazing program. Same with FL Studio.
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Mesa Trad. Slant Recto 4x12 (UK V30s)
Custom Horiz. 2x12 (Commonwealth 12s)
Quote by lilmetallica
my list-
propellorhead REASON 4.0 (music production)
digidesign protools M-powered 7.4
toontracksuperior drummer 2.0
cakewalk sonar 7 (producer edition)
sony acid pro 6 (multitrack recording )
sonoma riffwors
fruityloops 8

-do i need anything else really?

talent.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by strangedogs
talent.

<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

utorrent!

Seriously tho, I started with pirated software but don't use any of it anymore - too unreliable and you end up getting nowhere. However, Steinberg and NI have got sales out of me that they would not have had if I wasn't able to 'trial' their software over an extended period

Get yourself an audio device or something with bundled cubase LE or similar and some free plugins and learn to use them in your sleep, you'll be glad you did.

You will also be able to take the moral high ground with no-good scoundrels like myself
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
but you do realize that if you decide to start actually producing something you plan to sell... your going to have to drop the money for what you use right?
Quote by cuthbertg
utorrent!

Seriously tho, I started with pirated software but don't use any of it anymore - too unreliable and you end up getting nowhere. However, Steinberg and NI have got sales out of me that they would not have had if I wasn't able to 'trial' their software over an extended period

That's how I see it. Get the "Extended" trial version so that you can test it and make sure it's really what you want. At least this type of trial version will be fully featured and you can decide when it ends. And if it fits your setup, buy the damn thing!
Quote by Capitalistklok
but you do realize that if you decide to start actually producing something you plan to sell... your going to have to drop the money for what you use right?

Actually nobody really enforces that kind of thing anymore. It used to be that if you signed with a label they would demand to see receipts and photocopies of CD-ROMs and whatnot, but that's less common now, plus if you release stuff independently no ones there to check anyway.

Last.fm
Quote by MetalHead916
That's how I see it. Get the "Extended" trial version so that you can test it and make sure it's really what you want. At least this type of trial version will be fully featured and you can decide when it ends. And if it fits your setup, buy the damn thing!

Vendors should sort it out really, I wanted to trial widi audio to midi without it making a noise or cutting out every ten seconds. I wrote to them with the intention of potentially buying ten licenses if it worked and asked if they had a better, more useable trial version - even offered to pay for a license up front if they would agree to refund me if I decided it wasnt for us.

At first i got what appeared to be a positive response, then silence. I now assume they wouldn't because their product doesn't actually work........

They should all wise up and at least give beginners 'light' versions of their software for free and build a customer base - some of them already do that and they should be thanked for it.

People will give bad press about a hacked piece of software without disclosing the fact that it is hacked - and the problem they are whining about may well be fixed in an update available to registered users......

it's a debate i find quite interesting and not as black and white as some would have us believe.

I remember a big fuss about dual cassette decks back in the 80's along the same lines - record companies and IP lawyers going crazy because they thought they would lose out - didn't see at all that by people making compilation tapes for friends etc they would be getting free advertising etc.....
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald