hey guys, thinking of buying a high end amp soon, have tried the soldanos, hate the boogies, have a marshall, but im looking for something with a marshall ish sound, just with better quality and more defined notes. ive settled on either the bogner ecstacy, or the splawn nitro. i have not however tried an ecstacy with a classic mod, or a splawn nitro. has anyone got experience with these amps and can you give me a comparison in terms of note definition, marshallness, and reliability.

i play good old 70's and 80's plexi era rock and jcm800 era stuff, as well as liking a higher gain offering.
personally i think the quickrod would be better for you with the gear settings

1st is hot rodded plexi
2nd is hot rodded jcm
3rd is hot rodded jcm on steroids

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

The Bogner ecstasy is a great amp. If you can swing the cash for it, definitely go for it. It's not as Marshall-y as the Splawn but I personally love every tone I've ever heard out of it.

Splawn's amps are good too, they're essentially beefed up super lead circuits, they're a little bit overdone sometimes, but for the most part still manage to maintain their "Marshall-ness," great for the metal crowd who likes the Marshall voicing and think the modern Marshalls sound like fizzy messes.

You'd really need to try these out yourselves, its not a simple matter of looking at features with these two. Trying them out is not really an easy task (Splawns are built to order, and Bogner's don't exactly turn up at your guitar store everyday), but seeing if anyone in your area has either amp might be helpful.
Last edited by al112987 at Oct 7, 2008,
for what you want the quickrod would be your best best. Even thought the ecstasy is pure awesomeness, it just isn't as marshall voiced as you would want.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
I'd go for the Ecstasy, but that's because I'm a Bogner devotee.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quick rod definitely. Although I like Bogner, I would say the Splawn will cover that area much better. When I think Bogner I think more modern sound. I haven't tried the Ecstasy Classic though.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
I'm a bit biased but the Splawn is a great amp it goes from plexi to Hotrodded JCM800 on steroids they're GREAT amps I love em
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era