I'm going to buy a Peavey Valveking head and instead of getting the peavy half-stack speakers i'm going to build my own cabinet. My question is, what subwoofers, woofers, mid-range drivers, tweeters ect. I should put in this cabinet? Price is not that big of a deal but try to get it around 500 smakers. Oh and if you think i sould get something other than the Valveking tell me what and why. Thanks.
With a guitar amp generally you want 10 to 12 inch speakers, tweeters are pointless, because the guitar doesn't produce noises of that pitch.

The best thing to do is probably to go into a music store and ask them about speakers that are good for the music style you play.
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time


THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

For a second I thought you were building the VK head...

What style of music do you play?

Generally, though, Valveking + Celestion Vintage 30s are a winning combination if you play hard rock, blues and metal. Or you could get Veteran 30s (Vintage 30 clone with reduced icepick - the VK is a trebly amp as is...)

A Veteran 30 is about $65 so that'll run you about $260 for 4 of them.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??