Alexi laiho is my super idol. Ive noticed he anchors. I can anchor and play floating without problem. But when it comes to speed(over 190 bps) i have issues. what should i do float or anchor?
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
bump plz
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
you could be less annoying with your signature! haha

but anyways, just practice with a metronome and good things will come with time.

your body will tell you what it wants to do (float or anchor)
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Depends. If you can play for hours on end and the fingers you're anchoring with aren't tense or don't hurt, it's ok to anchor, because you're anchoring properly. There is a right way to anchor (note: everyone else will tell you there isn't a right way, it's bad, and it will cause MMAAJJOORR issues down the line for you).

If, on the other hand, you play anchored and you're anchoring finger(s) are tensed up/hurting then you have two choices:

1) Don't anchor so damn hard! Or,

2) Stop anchoring.

It's your choice. But beware, if you do anchor and you do it WRONG, you WILL CAUSE PROBLEMS FOR YOURSELF. Look at Alexi when he does it. He puts almost no pressure on his pinky, you can actually see it move around from time to time. This is the OPTIMAL way to anchor. You want to do it like him. If you choose to not anchor, then you don't really run a risk or hurting yourself. Unless your arm is so out of control without anchoring you hit yourself in the face trying to strum up. (That was like a joke, but less funny!)

/End rant
Don't anchor.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Depends on how you do it. Plenty of people do, like Jeff Loomis... i don't really know anyone else i just remember Jeff which is weird cuz i dont even listen to nevermore.